Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Picture This - Thoughts?

Options
  • 22-08-2016 10:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,680 ✭✭✭

What do people think of the Irish band Picture This? Their EP went to number one over the weekend.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,680 ✭✭✭fluke

None apparently...

• Registered Users Posts: 22,253 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

There alright I suppose. A bit overplayed on radio for my liking though

• Registered Users Posts: 22,259 ✭✭✭✭endacl

I think that they're a band I've only just heard of now this minute. I haven't heard them, and probably won't as I'm hungry and am about to make a sandwich. I'll probably forget to check out the tracks you've linked after that.

TL;dr They are of less significance to me than a sandwich.

Edit: Feck it. I postponed the sandwich. Now I think they sound exactly the same as all the many many other bands who sound exactly like them. They still come in behind the sandwich...

Some people I know are going mad for them. They're definitely going for The Script, Ed Shreeran, Paolo 'Christy Hennessy' Nutini crowd..

I see them as at least making pop tunes, but man are those tunes so so bland.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Howard the Duck

What part of Ireland are they from? Some strange pronunciation going on there. Not my cup of tea at all.

• Advertisement

What part of Ireland are they from? Some strange pronunciation going on there. Not my cup of tea at all.

They're from Athy, Co. Kildare. It's an affectation alright with the singing

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭cuterob

fluke wrote: »
    They're from Athy, Co. Kildare. It's an affectation alright with the singing

An affectation? get over yourself, who are you comparing that to? the countless dublin bands who all sound american?

i'm not a fan of pop music in general tbh, i hear these lads a bit on the radio, interviews and their songs, it's nice to hear proper midlands irish accents coming through as opposed to d4 rich kids who sound like west coast americans or even worse a bunch of kerry lads who put on the most unnatural sounding accent, especially from somewhere which has such a diverse accent as south west ireland.

Get over myself?? Really?

People sounding American is nothing new. I'm comparing them to The Script , Paolo Nutini, George Ezra...

Great, you like them but no need for the hostility. For what it's worth I don't mind them. The production is solid but the singing does remind me of of some of those I mentioned above. Not necessarily a bad thing, but just saying.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭cuterob

Ya but for once an irish band who's accents actually come through properly come about and people are just waiting to talk trash on them, listen to the way he pronounces his words, it's proper bogger and not some faked american crap we have had to endure for years

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Jambon93

cuterob wrote: »
    Ya but for once an irish band who's accents actually come through properly come about and people are just waiting to talk trash on them, listen to the way he pronounces his words, it's proper bogger and not some faked american crap we have had to endure for years

They literally sound the same as walking on cars, the coronas, James Arthur. Painful inflection on the vowell sounds. To say they sound like bloggers is laughable. Same generic lyrics that the average teen off the street could pen within a few hours. They're wofle.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭its_steve116

They're okay.

Advertisement