Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Booking on-campus accommodation 2016/17

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26 CaptainNivek

I've dropped from 1201 to 1001, exactly 200 places. Hopefully as the hours pass I keep dropping.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 katiekilg

Down from 2593 to 2393.... it's not looking good for me is it haha

• Registered Users Posts: 22 shligonian

My friend just got her offer and booked her place!

• Registered Users Posts: 27 katiekilg

shligonian wrote: »

What number was she originally?

• Registered Users Posts: 20 aoifem123

I'm reading last years thread and getting such second hand nerves! I'm 981, it's going to be a long day.

• Advertisement

Nice, what position was she on the list when she received the offer?

katiekilg wrote:
    What number was she originally?

She was 122 originally and batches are being issued in groups of 180 as far as I know

I'm 722 now after adjustments and have a Debs tonight so I'll unfortunately be refreshing Sisweb at the dinner table

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Treatycat

aoifem123 wrote: »
    I'm reading last years thread and getting such second hand nerves! I'm 981, it's going to be a long day.

You have accommodation there,s 908 places which men you justhave to wait a few hours but not long I'd imagine

I'm 722 now after adjustments and have a Debs tonight so I'll unfortunately be refreshing Sisweb at the dinner table

Let us know when you receive an offer so we can gauge how things are going. Enjoy your debs :)

• Advertisement

It'll be interesting to see if we all go down another 100 at 2pm.

aoifem123 wrote:
    It'll be interesting to see if we all go down another 100 at 2pm.

Are the offers released at certain times throughout the day? Like set hourly intervals?

Are the offers released at certain times throughout the day? Like set hourly intervals?

It seems to be that way anyway. It was last year, and I went down 100 at 1pm?

I just moved from 722 to 622 at 2pm

• Registered Users Posts: 41 JMF240

I'm just down 100. I'm at 867.

I'm down to 881.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 GOHO

Hey guys, with regards to the numbers dropping, I wonder how that would work in relation to the offers that have already been sent out? If they've offered places already would that not mean that the number has dropped from 908? :S D:

Mine just went from 1001 to 901. I hope I don't have to wait 10 hours before I may get an offer, but that's how it's looking.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 JMF240

GOHO wrote: »
    Hey guys, with regards to the numbers dropping, I wonder how that would work in relation to the offers that have already been sent out? If they've offered places already would that not mean that the number has dropped from 908? :S D:
    It looks like they offered 300 places already but it is likely this number includes those who did not get their CAO offer at UCD ,those who will decline the accommodation and those who haven't accepted it yet so it is unpredictable how many rooms are left

GOHO wrote: »

I'm guessing the people ranked 0-100 got offered first, 100-200 second, 200-300 third, etc. Meanwhile, as each round of offers is sent out, everyone's place on the list drops 100. It's hard to tell what is really happening though.

• Advertisement

I've gone from 881 to 882?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 GOHO

I'm guessing the people ranked 0-100 got offered first, 100-200 second, 200-300 third, etc. Meanwhile, as each round of offers is sent out, everyone's place on the list drops 100. It's hard to tell what is really happening though.

Yes, the whole process is quite mysterious :P Mine has dropped from 1411 to 1111 in the last couple of hours so fingers crossed!

I've gone from 881 to 882?

Just checked mine, I went from 901 to 902.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Jdoe

I've a debs tonight too, I'm 604 at the minute so looks like it will be right in the middle of the mains at 9 o'clock that I'll get my offer!

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Curr98

Does everyone's status still say "On list(Pending CAO offer) Position: xxx" ?

Also my position just dropped by 41 at 2pm from 409 to 368 which seems inconsistent with what other people have been reporting. Before that, my position dropped from 609 which was a drop of 200 on the hour.

Curr98 wrote: »
    Does everyone's status still say "On list(Pending CAO offer) Position: xxx" ?

Also my position just dropped by 41 at 2pm from 409 to 368 which seems inconsistent with what other people have been reporting. Before that, my position dropped from 609 which was a drop of 200 on the hour.

Have you accepted your CAO offer?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Curr98

Have you accepted your CAO offer?

Yup, I have already accepted it. There must have been a problem updating my status. I better contact UCD accomaditions service :/

• Registered Users Posts: 2 OrnaG9

I'm at 2249, do I still have some chance?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 spicebagx

I was 2259 and my number has been decreasing from this every hour. This is inaccurate though as they never gave us adjusted numbers as people who did not get offers for ucd on Monday would not be receiving accommodation offers now? Anyone know what the story is with this? I want to get a realistic picture of where I am on the list.

• Advertisement

Lads I was 622 at 2pm and got an offer there at 3pm, whatever way they are issuing these it isn't in batches of 100! So don't give up hope! Merville, house 17 apartment 3 anyone?

Wow that's good news, I guess they aren't accounting for people who didn't get a UCD offer, people who didn't accept accommodation, etc.

Advertisement