Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RAW 16-8-2016

• 15-08-2016 4:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭

WWE_Raw_2016_logo.png

The go home show for Summerslam, and he's baaaaaack again, odds of an F-5 are likely.

960.jpg

Quick hits preview of the show..

Lesnar to address The Viper

Can Roman Reigns spoil Rusev’s night yet again?

Seth Rollins to deconstruct The Demon King

How will The New Day retaliate against Gallows & Anderson?

Do cheaters prosper?

Charlotte goes solo

SKY SPORTS 5 - 01:00

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,850 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Anyone watching tonight? I got no notification from YouTube for the pre-show, for a change.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Rusev is great craic

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,850 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Mick's been using the ol' Just For Men on his beard this week!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,971 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Steph burying the Rusevs in 3...2.......

• Registered Users Posts: 45,535 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

An File wrote: »
    Mick's been using the ol' Just For Men on his beard this week!

I'm glad as it's looked awful looking.

'It is better to walk alone in the right direction than follow the herd walking in the wrong direction.'

• Advertisement

Roman got a shiner?

• Registered Users Posts: 60,268 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Sheamus shut up the crowd with that comeback lol

• Registered Users Posts: 23,101 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Best of 7 series? Weird.

Didn't Angle and Benoit have one of them way back?

J. Marston wrote: »
    Best of 7 series? Weird.

Didn't Angle and Benoit have one of them way back?

Magnum TA vs Nikita Koloff from NWA in the mid 80's & Benoit v Booker T from WCW in the mid 90's are the ones I remember.

I don't get the point of a best of 7 series with nothing on the line. How would the enjoyment of ultimately winning the best of 7 differ from the enjoyment of winning just one of the matches in the best of 7?

'It is better to walk alone in the right direction than follow the herd walking in the wrong direction.'

• Advertisement

Slater interrupts Brock lol I love it.

Heath Slater's promos annoy the hell out of me. He has Tommy Tiernan syndrome. Just keep yelling in the hope of getting a reaction.

Great segment love brock

Thank you, Brock.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭paconnors

Feckin missed it my sky go went down

• Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭princemuzzy

he went there with the mma stuff

So they have stopped calling Gallows and Anderson the Club.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭irish_stevo815

So not much happened by the looks of this place......think I'll just wait for King Ross' WTF Moments

Finn's Demon gimmick seemed to get a nice response from an otherwise dead crowd. Rest of the show was pretty meh.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,624 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Skipped through this Raw more than any since the draft and to a similar extent to what I was doing before the draft probably.

Glad to see the Demon get such a big reaction as I am sure they pulled that out for the fans who don't watch NXT so as to sell balor and him vs Seth at Summerslam.

I found it funny when during the main event they returned from commercial to Rusev on the Mic trying to get heat (or to put it better stop the fans from being Anti-Reigns) by reminding / mocking the fans about the fact that they were cheering for a Russian & a Bulgarian.

• Advertisement

If i had a euro for every time the words "demon king" was said during raw i would be a millionare

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,394 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Man, I adore Heath Slater. His promo standing up to Brock was brilliant, and his "I need to feed my kids" story is something everyone should be able to get behind. I'm wondering now...is this building up to Heath getting a win over Strowman, who's being billed as unstoppable? Regardless, Heath impressed me more than anyone else on the show.

Not sure how I feel about The Club's Doctor thing. Or debuting the Demon on Raw, or the fact the Demon will probably be losing his very first match.

Rusev is gold on the mic. Though not sure why the guy defending his wife's honor is the bad guy...

And at least we get a reason for why Cesaro and Sheamus will be fighting every week for nearly two months now.

Not a bad Raw. Since the split, they've been consistently above average, which is grand for now, but they need to kick on a bit.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,394 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Crowd supposedly being edited during the Reigns/Rusev match

The night after Badd Blood 1997, Vince instructed creative that he wanted Taker vs Kane for Wrestlemania. That's a build period from October through to the following April. Could you imagine a match* getting that sort of build these days?

This week we saw, in my opinion, the clearest example of what we now have in the instant gratification (<cough>, ADD) era - Zayn calls out Sheamus (for no clear reason) on Twitter at 3:38pm, they are in the ring having a match by 8:30pm.

*I know the Rock v Cena built for a year, but Rock wasn't full-time on the roster like Taker and Kane would have been in 97/98.

Video of the fan dragged from the ring after trying to jump Seth :D

https://twitter.com/JoseKB56/status/765371173605548033

I think the The Demon Kane was said instead of the Demon King quite a few times.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

So they hold off Balors demon entrance until the last raw before summerslam, surely they should have saved it for the ppv.

I loved Lesnar's I don't give a sh*t about your kids line to Slater, best part of the show for me, hopefully we see more then just suplexes in his matches going forward

I loved Lesnar's I don't give a sh*t about your kids line to Slater, best part of the show for me, hopefully we see more then just suplexes in his matches going forward

:D

Yeah same for me. I honestly think Brock can be very good on the Mic and lines like those are when he is at his very best. Obviously it's best he still picks and chooses when to speak and that Paulie does the majority of the work so when Brock does have a quip like that it has even more impact but it's little things like that line that make him such a bad ass and make him stand out so much from everyone else on the roster.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,636 ✭✭✭phatkev

So they hold off Balors demon entrance until the last raw before summerslam, surely they should have saved it for the ppv.

personally I think they should off held of on the demon until the RR or WM. Have Finn lose at summerslam and have Seth tease/pester him over the next few months saying something along the lines of the demon king is just a myth and we'll never see it on Raw. then Finn eventually loses it and debuts the demon at RR/WR....oh fantasy booking:o But instead vince saw the $$$ that could be made of him and blew his load straight away

• Advertisement

phatkev wrote: »
    personally I think they should off held of on the demon until the RR or WM. Have Finn lose at summerslam and have Seth tease/pester him over the next few months saying something along the lines of the demon king is just a myth and we'll never see it on Raw. then Finn eventually loses it and debuts the demon at RR/WR....oh fantasy booking:o But instead vince saw the $$$ that could be made of him and blew his load straight away

I hope they hold it off for special occasions from Summerslam onwards but I always expected it to be used in a similar way to how they have because they wanted to introduce Finn & his full character to fans who don't watch NXT or who aren't like us (i.e The Internet Fans) and to do so they had to show The Demon. Doing so gets those fans to pop big for Finn and get into him / want to see more of him instead of just wonder who is this lad and why is he in the main event. After things like what happened on this Raw Finn will hopefully get a better reaction from fans in attendance on Raw.

He should be fine at Summerslam when the hardcore fans will be out in force but the kids going to Raw might now shout for him and think he is cool because of his face paint.

Personally I think he is winning at SS and our own Fergall will be the first ever Universal Champion in the WWE.

Advertisement