Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Trad sessions in Town / South Dublin or Meath

• 12-08-2016 2:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭

Hi everyone

My 12 year ago old son is obsessed with traditional Irish music. He plays Bodhran and attends Ceoltas and has competed in Fleadh's etc

Can anybody recommend regular sessions I can take him to in either Dublin city centre, South Dublin or Meath? Either to spectate or join in.

Cheers
    Ed

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭glord

Cobblestone in Dublin has sessions everyday and during the day too but they would be more for watching. The musicians there would be very experienced

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭KathleenMcCabe

Hi Ed. Where do you live? Wednesday eves, Tom Moran runs sessions in the Poitin Still and is always delighted to meet newcomers. They are a very welcoming group.

The Arás Chronain have a beginners/novice session on a Thursday. A great mixture of adults and kids too there.

As regards the Cobblestone - i have always found them very welcoming. Mondays os a great night for beginners there.

Mother Reillys in Rathmines is also a great place on a Monday. Run by 2 very experienced and very welcoming musicians.

Sunday afternoons in the Kestrel. A great bunch of experienced musicians who are so welcoming to all levels.

If you can tell me where you are based, i can prob suggest more.

Best of luck to you and your son on your music journey.
    Kathleen

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭hoanymole

Thanks to you both for replying. i live in Dunshaughlin and work in Dublin. My son lives in South Co Dublin.. so we have a few options here! Any other suggestions would be great. Thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭KathleenMcCabe

Ed* wrote: »
    Thanks to you both for replying. i live in Dunshaughlin and work in Dublin. My son lives in South Co Dublin.. so we have a few options here! Any other suggestions would be great. Thanks :)

Most welcome. Theres also the Anglers Rest - i believe its on most nights - but would be wise to check with them first.

Advertisement