Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Signing on and work experience

Options
  • 06-08-2016 12:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi, My husband is currently doing a FAS course but is working 20 hrs a week, so is not getting any money for it. He has to do 16 unpaid weeks of work experience.He will be working 8-5, 5 days a week, and then expected to work his 20 hrs on top of that. Im just wondering, does anyone know, if he is entitled to any help off the government so he doesn't have to work for those 16 weeks as it seems like a lot to ask someone to do. He will more than likely get a job out of the unpaid work experience at the end. TIA

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,017 ✭✭✭blindsider

He really should have investigated this before he started the FAS course. I'm surprised that this wasn't flagged by the course Tutor also.

However, if your OH is working 20 hrs p.w, I assume he's signing casually (X's & O's). Are you getting FIS? You should probably investigate it......

Regardless of the advice he receives here, it is a Case Officer in his local Intreo office who will make a binding decision - his best bet is to have a chat with Intreo and try to work out the best way to get the work experience w/o losing money. The sooner he approaches them the better.

Advertisement