Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Baby boy names

Options
  • 04-08-2016 3:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭

Hi all
    I'm due my baby in November ! Just wondering what do you think of the baby name Micheál ?! I love Irish names . My husbands father r.i.p was called Michael and I thought naming our son after him using the Irish version would be a nice touch . Do you prefer Michael or a micheál ?!
    Thanks very much

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,365 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

There's certain Irish names I like. If I'm being honest I'd prefer Michael more than Micheál. I just don't love the sound of it and I've often heard of Micheál being called Mehole.
    Personally I probably wouldn't pick an Irish name myself because I wouldn't be big into speaking Irish and I'm not from a Gaeltacht.(unless I really loved the name or it meant something) However If you do like the name I'd say go with it.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

Perhaps a thread in the parenting forum might be better.

Closed

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement