Advertisement
If you have a new account but can't post, please email Niamh on [email protected] for help to verify your email address. Thanks :)
New AMA with a US police officer (he's back!). You can ask your questions here

Little advice from the pros :)

• 30-07-2016 12:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 48 ✭✭✭ DOOM31

Hey all ok I got an issue with a g&g firehawk the fps dropped as they all do with a bit of use so I went and pit in a new spring hoping to bring it back again but nope new spring and still only getting about 260fps so I took it apart again checked everything even put in new cylinder head and piston head to insure no air loss but still no better.
    So then I had a g&g m4 that was firing 320 and so put the hole gearbox into the firehawk only to get the same bloody fps and thats impossible to make matters worse I put the FH gearbox into the m4 it's firing 330 in the m4 so iam at a loss and thought I ask here first and see if anyone has any ideas.
    Iam now left thinking do I need a higher spring for the short barrel or is there something else iam missing that you all can point out.
    Well thanks in advance for any help all

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 31,346 ✭✭✭✭ Gatling

Could have an airseal issue on the Firehawk

Langley , Virginia

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 13,447 Mod ✭✭✭✭ thermo

Is there a locator Spring on your hop unit? If so is it correctly fitted? Have you tried a new hop up rubber? You could try seal up the hop up unit a bit better on the barrel end with ptfe tape.
    Did you replace the piston head o ring? And how thick was the grease you used to lubricate the internals of the gearbox when you had it opened?

Advertisement