Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

Junior Rugby [Social Rugby] Season 2016/2017

123457»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,255 ✭✭✭blackwhite

stephen_n wrote: »
    Outside the teams taking the p**s how many of the other teams missed more than two games? Obviously you could plead your case but at least it would be a deterrent to anyone taking the piss.

There was a few teams this year missed games due to higher teams within their clubs needing multiple players to cover for injuries.

The bottom teams conceding is an inevitable consequence of the rule that penalises all teams in the club if a lower team plays and a higher team fails to field.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭devolution

i think the branch just need to look at the teams that were dropping fixtures this season & ask them if they are "in or out" & in reality. Can they really field regularly , in fairness to the branch they flagged the rules to all clubs regarding the Cuos & league finals & I think for the most part
    most clubs towed the line !
    Playing in div 10 this season was really competitive & went right down to the last games !
    Ps, I really wish they could come up with a better term then "Social Rugby "
    There was nothing social about our own games the last 2 weekends with teams knocking lumps out of one another on the pitch , It's only Social in the bar after !

• Registered Users Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭gaius c

devolution wrote: »
    i think the branch just need to look at the teams that were dropping fixtures this season & ask them if they are "in or out" & in reality. Can they really field regularly , in fairness to the branch they flagged the rules to all clubs regarding the Cuos & league finals & I think for the most part
    most clubs towed the line !
    Playing in div 10 this season was really competitive & went right down to the last games !
    Ps, I really wish they could come up with a better term then "Social Rugby "
    There was nothing social about our own games the last 2 weekends with teams knocking lumps out of one another on the pitch , It's only Social in the bar after !

If they did field regularly, they'd be in a much higher division but that would require commitment and hard work.

Much easier to turn up a few times a year and flat track bully lads learning the game. Also play fast and loose with teamsheets because "sure it's a nothing league and we don't care about it anyway".

That's not what the development leagues should be about.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

stephen_n wrote:
    Outside the teams taking the p**s how many of the other teams missed more than two games? Obviously you could plead your case but at least it would be a deterrent to anyone taking the piss.
    i do the know. But there will always be a few. With 10 divisions of 8 sides there will always be quite a few who won't have been able to commit to all their games for some reason. Most of the metro divisions are social rugby, that means you should be giving allowances to the teams who can't field every week if it means stopping them stops 25+ from playing

devolution wrote:
    i think the branch just need to look at the teams that were dropping fixtures this season & ask them if they are "in or out" & in reality. Can they really field regularly, in fairness to the branch they flagged the rules to all clubs regarding the Cuos & league finals & I think for the most part most clubs towed the line! Playing in div 10 this season was really competitive & went right down to the last games! Ps, I really wish they could come up with a better term then "Social Rugby" There was nothing social about our own games the last 2 weekends with teams knocking lumps out of one another on the pitch, It's only Social in the bar after!
    social rugby is a fair enough term. Irrespective of how ye approach the games round this time of year...
    The metro committee do and will look at sides who dropped. Clubs have to say at start of year can they or will they be fielding "x" amount of teams in the season to come. That will/can change year on year

• Registered Users Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭gaius c

Development rugby is a better term and is what they should be using.

Women's rugby has development leagues no matter how social the teams in those leagues may be.
    Also they regularly take to the field with 12 players if they have to in order to fulfill fixtures. A few mens clubs could do with taking a leaf from their book.

If you can't tell already, I really really don't have any time for flat track bullies in leagues intended for development.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭Tarf1234

Not sure if a new thread has been started but I was just looking at the fixtures in the metro. Interesting to see that Div 1&2 of the metro leagues both have Old Wes, Tarf, Marys and Lansdowne. I think most people expected something like this to happen. Also interesting to see that Div 1 is essentially what you would have predicted when the new structure came out.

Will be interesting to see who comes up from Div 3 this year. On a somewhat related note does anyone know anything about the Dogos and what they're expected to be like?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

Tarf1234 wrote: »
    Not sure if a new thread has been started but I was just looking at the fixtures in the metro. Interesting to see that Div 1&2 of the metro leagues both have Old Wes, Tarf, Marys and Lansdowne. I think most people expected something like this to happen. Also interesting to see that Div 1 is essentially what you would have predicted when the new structure came out.

Will be interesting to see who comes up from Div 3 this year. On a somewhat related note does anyone know anything about the Dogos and what they're expected to be like?

Here

Advertisement