Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

Junior Rugby [Social Rugby] Season 2016/2017

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭GavMan

I noticed on the LR site Div 8 is missing. Has it not been confirmed yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,255 ✭✭✭blackwhite

GavMan wrote: »
    I noticed on the LR site Div 8 is missing. Has it not been confirmed yet?

From what I've heard there's no Div 8 this year - the teams that wanted to play in it have been reassigned

• Registered Users Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭gaius c

It's been suspended. If it behaves better, it will be allowed back next year.
    For a variety of reasons there has been a consolidation of numbers in the League and as a result there is one Division less this season. Some of the reasons include a knock on effect from Malahide and Dundalk 2nd XV’s moving out of Division 4 to play in the 2nds League Division 1A in parallel with their 1st XV’s, which they had to do as per the regulations, Kilkenny, Gorey and Wexford Wanderers, who competed in Division 9 & 10 a year ago have been moved into a regional league while one or two teams have also dropped out due to natural wastage.

The nett effect is that Division 8 is being suspended for this season.

It was felt that Divisions 10 & 11, which are inherently associated with being Development Leagues, should maintain their titles. When the juggling of teams was complete Division 8 was the league from where most teams had moved.

A number of clubs made submissions to move teams down the ranks as they had weakened significantly, and where possible that was accommodated. To counteract the departing teams four new teams have entered. There are 8 teams in all Divisions this season with the exception of Division 11 where there are 7 teams.

In total there are 79 teams spread across the ten Divisions this season as against 82 that completed the 2015-16 season.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,698 ✭✭✭Risteard

gaius c wrote: »
    It's been suspended. If it behaves better, it will be allowed back next year.

What was the issue last year?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,255 ✭✭✭blackwhite

Risteard wrote: »

He's making a joke.

The problem is there aren't enough teams this year. To keep the development label on Div 10 & 11 they decided to scrap 8 this year to reduce the number of divisions

• Advertisement

Ha get it now.

I see Lansdowne won the Old Wesley tournament.

It boxed the head off division 7. Allegations of eye gouging as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

Division 11 now up as well.
    St Marys 6, Normans 1, Stillorgan 3, Bective Rangers 5, Clontarf 6, Emerald Warriors 1, Clondalkin 3

Div 10 could be messy this year. Suttonians have withdrawn from LL 2nds 1A and their metro 10 team will be their official seconds team!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

Played a friendly last Saturday, first league match next Friday and we are off again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,922 ✭✭✭shoutman

Div 10 could be messy this year. Suttonians have withdrawn from LL 2nds 1A and their metro 10 team will be their official seconds team!!!

Wow! That's fairly shocking to hear, never like to see a club struggling like Suttonians are, even if they are the local rivals!

I see BFG Ravens (formerly Unidare) have withdrawn from Divison 9 also.

shoutman wrote: »
    Wow! That's fairly shocking to hear, never like to see a club struggling like Suttonians are, even if they are the local rivals!

I see BFG Ravens (formerly Unidare) have withdrawn from Divison 9 also.

Not quite. They've swapped with Stillorgan.

RE Suttonians, the branch are obviously taking a liberal view of the ruling that all LL seconds teams should play in LL seconds and not metro. It's why Malahide and Dundalk had to move from metro.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

Are the full fixtures on the leinster site yet I can't find them

Are the full fixtures on the leinster site yet I can't find them
    All are there. Fixtures/results => latest results => club/school fixtures in drop down then metro league and pick the divisions you want the fixtures for

Leagues starting tonight...

Leagues starting tonight...

Some fixtures last week no?

Some fixtures last week no?
    Meant the more social divisions. Only the j1, divisions 1-3, started last week...

Wesley beat Greystones 15-13 in Div 5, a game of two halves with the wind. Greystones were 13-0 at halftime. Good match.

Marys division 4 team appears to be gone and the division reduced to 7 teams. Not surprising looking at their results the last two years.

Marys division 4 team appears to be gone and the division reduced to 7 teams. Not surprising looking at their results the last two years.

Belvo also pulled out of Div 7. Monkstown conceded in Div10. Not a good sign to concede in week1.

Anyone know why the DSLP Nure Div7 game was called off?

• Advertisement

GavMan wrote: »
    Belvo also pulled out of Div 7. Monkstown conceded in Div10. Not a good sign to concede in week1.

Anyone know why the DSLP Nure Div7 game was called off?

Did Monkstown drop from Div 7 last year to Div 10 this year?

Monkstown used to have a team in div 10 but they pulled it to try and supplement their div 7 team. Think they pulled the wrong team personally.

This is the rectification of that error.

Monkstown used to have a team in div 10 but they pulled it to try and supplement their div 7 team. Think they pulled the wrong team personally.

This is the rectification of that error.

Well if the branch were being consistent, which clearly they aren't. Then Monkstown would have been forced into doing that and keep the highest team, letting the lower team go. Maybe when it didn't work out, the branch have allowed them to drop.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 darkdave265

Hi all.
    On behalf of Knocktopher Rugby Club, I would look invite any potential new players in the surrounding areas to come and join. We currently play in the Leinster division 11. So its really suited for anyone who would like to play for the first time or older players who would like to play again.
    Cheers

Terenure have pulled out of Division 7 now also. Fixtures are being redrawn. Div 10 team still in action for now....

stephen_n wrote: »
    Well if the branch were being consistent, which clearly they aren't. Then Monkstown would have been forced into doing that and keep the highest team, letting the lower team go. Maybe when it didn't work out, the branch have allowed them to drop.

No it's already happened. Monkstown were in div 10 before. They pulled that team and kept the div 7 team. It obviously didn't work out.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

I presume Normans RFC became Knocktopher RFC?

Enjoyed playing against you guys, good luck.

Winters wrote: »
    I presume Normans RFC became Knocktopher RFC?

Enjoyed playing against you guys, good luck.
    They haven't changed name anyway. Merge this thread into metro thread as well?

No it's already happened. Monkstown were in div 10 before. They pulled that team and kept the div 7 team. It obviously didn't work out.

What I was trying to say is, in the case of some clubs but clearly not others. If a club pulls a team, it has to be their lowest playing team. i.e. the branch would only have allowed Monkstown to pull their Div 10 team last season and keep the Div 7. Maybe in light of how much they struggled there, that has changed and the branch have allowed them to cut the higher team and drop into Div 10. As in it may not have been Monkstowns choice at all last season.

• Advertisement

I understand that it was actually the club's decision. If you look at where the walkovers were the year before, they were all at div 10. When they could field, they did okay so the player quality wasn't bad, just the numbers. It makes a sort of sense to think that they'd do a job a few divisions up.

Advertisement