Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cork airport to ballydehob

Options
  • 20-07-2016 2:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭

hi, i am flying into cork airport in august, around the 2nd week, haven't booked yet, i need to get over to ballydehob then, is there a car sharing site ? or somewhere you can post looking for a lift? Looking at the flights i am just too late for the last bus over...unless there are private buses ? many thanks .

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭cambasque

nobobody has any ideas, if i flew into kerry airport, what are the chances of getting to ballydehob from there, i left my car down there ..

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭-Toppy-

You wont get a bus from Kerry airport to Ballydehob
    Pretty much the only bus will go from cork,
    You could try just getting a bus to skibbereen and get a local taxi to get you to ballydehob

Toppy

• Registered Users Posts: 2,199 ✭✭✭Keeks

You can probably get a bus but will mean some changeovers....check out the Journey planner on bus eireanns website

http://journeyplanner.buseireann.ie/jp/bin/

thanks for the input, but my flight would come in almost the same time as the bus to goleen heads out ...maybe i should just try and get to skibb, any idea on how much a taxi would cost ?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

Airport run from bantry is aprox €120.if you are going to be stuck let me know and I will pm you a few of the local hackney lads numbers.

• Advertisement

thanks mp22, any idea how much a local hackney is to ballydehob?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭SouthernBelle

cambasque wrote: »
    thanks mp22, any idea how much a local hackney is to ballydehob?

I think it would be cheaper to rent a car rather than get a cab from the airport to Ballydehob. Alternatively book into a local B&B or the Travelodge at the end of Airport Hill and get a bus the following morning.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,403 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

I used to hitchhike that run, or something similar to it, years ago - it was rarely a problem getting down in around two hours. Got picked up as part of a vintage car rally one time as well - great fun.

Not sure what it's like hitchhiking these days - probably dreadful.

thanks for all the help ! the vintage rally had me LOL !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭FluffyAngel

cambasque wrote: »
    thanks for all the help ! the vintage rally had me LOL !

if you are still looking to get a lift,pm dates etc and il see what i can do..i go a lot west and as children are gone i have nobody to listen to my brilliant storys:D

• Advertisement

sorry fluffyangel just saw this, far too late of course, but thanks anyway for the offer !

Advertisement