Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The sweetest or best thing you have done for the bride to be on her hen night?

• 18-07-2016 11:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,601 ✭✭✭

Looking for ideas. Hen night coming up next month. Lots of planning to do. Need some help and inspiration please?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

I organised two hens - my sister's and my best friend's.

I know it's pretty standard at hens, but I did a "memory" book for each of them. Got everyone going on the hen to send me a message/memory and some photos of the bride/them and the bride. I handmade my sister's one, it was very time-consuming but it was gorgeous. Laminated each page and then got it bound. For my friend's one I ordered it off snapfish.com and it came out great. There were tears from both of them when they were reading from the book at the hen!

For both hens I also did a Mr & Mrs quiz. Again, standard, but I video'd the groom's replies and another friend of mine edited the video. For the friend's hen, I had the question showing up on the screen, then we paused it so the bride could answer, then played the groom's answer. It was hilarious, bride wasn't expecting it at all, even when she saw the question come up on the screen she'd no idea his answers would be filmed :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Just back from my hen and my bridesmaids organised a slide show. It was absol fab. Very emotional but lovely. Cant wait ti get the copy of it to watch it again properly.
    They also did a funny quiz in the bar hen we went out. The had questions or statements and i had to match them up to who the person was that it was connected with, not as easy as its sounds, but great fun!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,809 ✭✭✭Speedwell

This is really unusual, but important because none of the other partygoers thought of it... My friend Anne-Marie has OCD. Bad. She was triggered by the sight of anyone cleaning up around her, and she was on a new trial medication that hadn't shown its effectiveness yet. I was her matron of honor, and I went into the venue before the party, found the wait staff who would be in charge of the room we booked, and tipped them in advance, explaining that we needed them to clean up dishes and such only while Anne-Marie was out of the room. And then I made sure she was out of the room from time to time. It worked. I never told Anne-Marie I'd done so, even when she admitted she'd been afraid she'd be triggered. I just told her I was happy everything went well because she deserved it.

If your bride-to-be has a disability, please think of how you can accommodate it and make her day smooth and special.

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭Shybride2016

For my hen my fab MOH organised for everyone to bring little gifts that reminded each person of me. omg I was in tears at the thoughtfulness of people and because I knew them all from different points in my life they were a complete reflection of each individual friendship, was lovely.

At a friend's hen, her sister organised for everyone to write on a little post-it a funny memory or story of the bride and some people even drew pictures. Again, each post-it was individual to the bride and friend and so them all collectively was a lovely keepsake for her. Nobody signed theirs so part of the game was she had to guess who each one was from.

We also did Mr & Mrs quiz which was hilarious and a photobook of memories and pictures.

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭mejulie805

I wrote my sister a rap :pac: Three verses! She loved it she was crying from emotion and laughing at it! Everyone wants me to do it at the wedding... but no. ;)
    I also made everyone gift bags but made my sister a special jute tote bag with her caricature on it... Also different accessories depending on what we were doing- doughboy hat with a veil for the boat cruise we took, etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

At a friend's hen, her sister organised for everyone to write on a little post-it a funny memory or story of the bride and some people even drew pictures. Again, each post-it was individual to the bride and friend and so them all collectively was a lovely keepsake for her. Nobody signed theirs so part of the game was she had to guess who each one was from.
    A hen party I was at last year had this aswell. We each had to write a memory of us and the bride to be, leaving out names. We swapped them all around and had to read them out and the hen had to guess who's memory it was. It was a great laugh and led to lots of stories being shared.

Another great thing I seen at a hen was a memory book. We each had to bring along a photo of us and the hen, stick it in the book and write a little piece about the photo. It was lovely to have a look at the boot after , especially the pages filled out by people who would have known the hen a lot longer and would have older pics of them!

One final thing I seen done at a hen which I thought was a nice idea, it wasn't for the hen though but for all the attendees - a little goodie bag left on each bedside locker with a bottle of water, tissues, mints, sweets, can't remember what else was in it. It was only something small but it was a nice touch.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,601 ✭✭✭MidnightQueen

These are great ideas. Thank you girls. :)

Advertisement