Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garnish Island Ferry Cost

Options
  • 15-07-2016 12:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭

And is there an entrance fee to the Island too?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭Milly33

As far as I know there is, haven't been myself but friends went recently and said the ferry is one cost, and then you pay for the island. Suppose to be worth the trip though

• Registered Users Posts: 2,564 ✭✭✭frash

Yes two separate charges.

The ferry in the middle of the town is cheaper that the first company you see coming in from the Bantry side.

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Judes

Just for future information for all, as I was at Garnish Island earlier this week:

€10 adult price - round boat trip - about 15 mins each way (slowly passing seal colony) worth that alone. This was the boat station further into the town - not the entrance from Bantry side.

€4 adult price/€2 child to enter the island.

All well worth the money. :)

But be warned about cafe prices at Garnish, as they have a captive market. I bought 2 take away drinks in small cups i.e. coffee €2.50 and hot chocolate €3.50, so €6 for 2 hot drinks OUCH. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭boodlesdoodles

Judes wrote: »
    Just for future information for all, as I was at Garnish Island earlier this week:

€10 adult price - round boat trip - about 15 mins each way (slowly passing seal colony) worth that alone. This was the boat station further into the town - not the entrance from Bantry side.

€4 adult price/€2 child to enter the island.

All well worth the money. :)

But be warned about cafe prices at Garnish, as they have a captive market. I bought 2 take away drinks in small cups i.e. coffee €2.50 and hot chocolate €3.50, so €6 for 2 hot drinks OUCH. :mad:

Which company was it? Off to Kinsale in September and this is definitely on the list. We also will have a dog with us, any idea if they are allowed on? Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,564 ✭✭✭frash

Which company was it? Off to Kinsale in September and this is definitely on the list. We also will have a dog with us, any idea if they are allowed on? Thanks.

Dogs are allowed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭SouthernBelle

Maybe you already know, but Glengarriff is roughly and hour and a half from Kinsale.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 mpooba23

Dogs are allowed but they have to be kept on a leash on the Island.

The Blue Pool Ferry is the more affordable company they are €10 per adult vs the other company's €12 per adult!

They are also located in the middle of the village so much easier to walk to!

• Registered Users Posts: 5 thecorkman

Just an update on prices we were in Glengarriff last weekend, all ferries are €12 return on the boat and entry to the Island is €5. The island cost now includes a tour of the house. Lovely way to spend a few hours.

Advertisement