Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Offer Finance to Customers Need Help!

• 13-07-2016 3:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭

Hope someone can point me in the right direction, i have a SME Business that offers Smart Home Installations & Cinema Installations.

One of my trade suppliers has recently offered their customers finance through PayPal Credit, the supplier is based in the UK.

I don't think PayPal Credit is available in Ireland, I've tried searching google but all that comes up is you must be a UK resident.

PayPal Credit offers up to 18 months interest free credit, which would be perfect for my business and help clients spread the costs over a longer period.

I would be paid straight away so really the contract is between the Customer and the Finance company.

I'm looking for some similar finance company that offers this in Ireland.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,539 ✭✭✭✭listermint

We used these in a B2B capacity in the past, not sure if they would do Customer facing finance but i suppose all options are worth exploring

http://www.shireleasing.co.uk/vendor-finance/financing-solutions

The type of finance offered above though would be few and far between these days with the whole credit issue we had.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭MHI

thanks very much for the post, i'll call them and see what they are about.

Do you know if PayPal Credit is available in Ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,539 ✭✭✭✭listermint

No idea unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 GeeGee21

Looking for a similar service in Ireland. Did you manage to find a solution?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Mick Tator

The first issue is that the rules have changed completely since this old post was initiated. GDPR and CBI regulations, a legislative minefield for the uninitiated. You need to tie up a link with a finance company and outsource the finance application process to them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭walterking

Flexifi / Humm is what you need.

You can decide on what interest rate is charged and that will determine the cost.

They tend to want about 12% - so you can build in 6% into your price and then offer a 5.99% interest, or you pay 4% and offer 7.99% interest

Advertisement