Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

FPL 2016 Pay Leagues and Prize Leagues

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,093 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

CSF wrote: »
    I'm very confused. If you're 14 behind and say Sterling and Grant cancel each other out, then you need 5 from Aguero no?

Aguero TC vs Sterling & Grant & 14 points

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

I'm very confused. If you're 14 behind and say Sterling and Grant cancel each other out, then you need 5 from Aguero no?

Yeah I only have Aguero TC. He has Grant and Sterling*. If Sterling gets a CS and any kind of attacking returns (8 to 10pts) and Grant gets say 2pts then I may need Aguero to make up anything from 22 to 26 points.

* I have Sterling. He has Sterling (c) to be precise.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,821 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Sterling and Crouch not starting (Sterling out altogether) certainly helps both our cases. I need for Crouch to avoid coming on and scoring more than 5 points. And to avoid Aguero minus points.

You need anything from Aguero almost. An assist alone might not do it.

Scrapped through to the knockouts in Hackers Galway Champs League at the expense of some chancer with a team called Foster and Allen. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

FHFC wrote: »
    Scrapped through to the knockouts in Hackers Galway Champs League at the expense of some chancer with a team called Foster and Allen. ;)

Just saw that I'd have scraped through if you had of lost.

• Advertisement

Got some lad with 3 top 4K finishes in the last 4 seasons in the quarters of the Harps CL. No easy games at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,498 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

My EL game has come down to

His King and Fletcher V my markovic and whatever brunt and firmino might bring me in.

Even with the pen miss he's still favourite i reckon.

A win will most likely see me through to the knock out

Think I'm through to the knock out of the Harps EL.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭Mike Ehrmantraut

KevIRL wrote: »
    Think I'm through to the knock out of the Harps EL.

Think I am as well, needed to win this weekend to guarantee it

Yeah I'm through also, just about.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Missing Links

Think I scraped through as well ;)

Yous only getting thru this week lads? Ah, bless... :D

Nice prize in the Bohs FF comp this month.It's a fourball at the picturesque Charlesland Golf Club in Greystones.

Tony Gammell wins this.Not bad for a tenner's investment!

Shennanigans in my Harps Champions League Quarter Final. My opponent took a 24 point hit the week before our first leg and took a 40 point hit last GW - the week before our second leg.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,630 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Shennanigans in my Harps Champions League Quarter Final. My opponent took a 24 point hit the week before our first leg and took a 40 point hit last GW - the week before our second leg.

Well played son I say.....

dahat wrote: »
    Well played son I say.....

Fair point and well made. Think he was intimidated by never ending supply of wildcards...

I can't talk. I made 5 transfers in anticipation of my 2nd leg this week. But they were profitable transfers even last week (hoping the profit continues) so it wasn't exactly sabotaging my team for this either.

Hoping you can win this week, as if I do make it through my tie, that's a stress that I wouldn't want to be dealing with in the next round.

Also, that guy is 100% bench boosting.

Agree yep.

Agree yep.
    Would advise you to captain someone that you know he doesn't have if this is a priority for you. Because otherwise I fear you may be f*cked.

• Advertisement

Would advise you to captain someone that you know he doesn't have if this is a priority for you. Because otherwise I fear you may be f*cked.

Mini leagues and overall rank more of a priority than a cup competition for me.

A grand is a lot of money. I've a lot of big h2hs this week so I've also bench boosted.

As expected his BB is active.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,630 ✭✭✭✭dahat

A grand is alot to play for and a risk worth taking imo.

I can't talk. I made 5 transfers in anticipation of my 2nd leg this week. But they were profitable transfers even last week (hoping the profit continues) so it wasn't exactly sabotaging my team for this either.

Hoping you can win this week, as if I do make it through my tie, that's a stress that I wouldn't want to be dealing with in the next round.

Have a 2pt lead over you going into 2nd leg day of Harps Europa league, but not overly confident. Think you definitely have the advantage on paper, nervous of the likes of Vardy and Carroll, both could do well this week

... just after spotting you used bench boost. I'll need a miracle ; )

34 points behind after tonight.

I have Sanchez x2, aguero, origi, JWP, siggy and Adam Smith (lol) V his coutinho, Redmond, son, king, Bertrand, bavies and mig.

Goosed.

We have an additional prize for the Bohs FF comp.The April top dog can look forward to lunch for 2 in the brilliantly-named Cowtown Cafe in Manor St (D7).Hope there haven't been any 40 point hits beforehand. ;)

A good 2nd half today saw me sneak through in the Harps Champions League and Europa League

A good 2nd half today saw me sneak through in the Harps Champions League and Europa League

Good luck in the next round

• Advertisement

Through in Harps Europa League.

Advertisement