Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FPL 2016 Pay Leagues and Prize Leagues

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,601 ✭✭✭✭CSF

45 point lead from yesterday means I may give the youngsters a run in GW21. 2 out of 2 in the Europa League means things are looking much rosier again. Pity we've to play everyone twice or I'd be in an even stronger position there.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,745 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

10 behind KevIRL in the Harps CL mainly thanks to my decision to cut Alonso loose with my wildcard. I was in good shape after the 3pm fixtures.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Cup draw in the Thornhill Legends Facebook pay league has pitted me against Ziegler in the QFs. Hackers also in there so 3 FSA in the last 8.

Was 45 points ahead in CL after leg 1. Opponent bench boosted this week and very nearly caught me.

First defeat in Europa League, against Thunderdog also but still top the group at the moment on points difference.

CSF wrote: »
    Was 45 points ahead in CL after leg 1. Opponent bench boosted this week and very nearly caught me.

First defeat in Europa League, against Thunderdog also but still top the group at the moment on points difference.

Through comfortably in CL

Also first Europa defeat but still 3 clear at top of the group.

Must check the Galway Cup CL.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

FHFC wrote: »
    Through comfortably in CL

Also first Europa defeat but still 3 clear at top of the group.

Must check the Galway Cup CL.

I think you won in that . I was beaten.

I think you won in that . I was beaten.

Yeah seriously tight group. Another win will hopefully make the playoffs for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,478 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Beat swiper in the CL despite him using his bench boost for the second leg.

3rd win in the EL as well

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Missing Links

The Bohs FF January prize is a Four ball at the fabulous Castleknock Golf Club.

Brendan Renwick is the winner...Busts in 2nd place.

...Busts in 2nd place.

Story of his month!! :D

• Advertisement

Yep 2nd in 5 monthly pay leagues.

Yep 2nd in 5 monthly pay leagues.
    Were a good few to the same person?

No all to different people

No all to different people
    That is particularly rough.

That is particularly rough.

Can't complain I've had 2 great months and have got myself in contention in all my pay leagues now.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,745 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

KevIRL wrote: »
    Beat swiper in the CL despite him using his bench boost for the second leg.

3rd win in the EL as well

Well done on that pal, I felt like a dick using it but the Harps CL was a big prize to give up on without a bit of shenanigans.
    To score 33 points in a bench boost is a nightmare, good luck with the remainder.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,478 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Well done on that pal, I felt like a dick using it but the Harps CL was a big prize to give up on without a bit of shenanigans.
    To score 33 points in a bench boost is a nightmare, good luck with the remainder.

nah, no dickishness tbf, its in your weaponry so can be used.

You had no hope up against 11 TC's anyway...

Woohoo. Just got a tweet telling me I won an unexpected Monthly prize in a cash league!

You're entering the wrong leagues Busts old chap! ;)

Woohoo. Just got a tweet telling me I won an unexpected Monthly prize in a cash league!

You're entering the wrong leagues Busts old chap! ;)

I only go in with the high rollers pal. I leave the Carling cup type leagues to yourself.

I only go in with the high rollers pal. I leave the Carling cup type leagues to yourself.

Fine by me! :D

€€€

• Advertisement

Next up in the Bohs FF comp is the February monthly prize.It's a game of Footee for 4.For the uninitiated Footee is a blend of football and golf.Full info is in the link below.

http://footee.ie/

Next up in the Bohs FF comp is the February monthly prize.It's a game of Footee for 4.For the uninitiated Footee is a blend of football and golf.Full info is in the link below.

http://footee.ie/

Enda McEvoy wins this.

Not FPL but the mighty Harps are running a Last Man Standing for just a tenner. €500 up for grabs.

Worth a shot by a few of you FPL sharks perhaps.

It will include a tenner donation from me, as I'm a complete jinx at these with a 100% record of exiting Week 1.

I'll even help you out by posting my Week 1 pick so you can avoid. ;)

http://www.finnharps.com/fhfc/?p=4263

Edit. Anyone who wants to can PayPal me direct as Friends and Family and save fees.

Nice prize in the Bohs FF comp this month.It's a fourball at the picturesque Charlesland Golf Club in Greystones.

Not FPL but the mighty Harps are running a Last Man Standing for just a tenner. €500 up for grabs.

Worth a shot by a few of you FPL sharks perhaps.

It will include a tenner donation from me, as I'm a complete jinx at these with a 100% record of exiting Week 1.

I'll even help you out by posting my Week 1 pick so you can avoid. ;)

http://www.finnharps.com/fhfc/?p=4263

Edit. Anyone who wants to can PayPal me direct as Friends and Family and save fees.

I picked United. :D

Squandered much of my 16 point 1st leg lead in the Harps CL leaving me 2 points ahead with my Aguero (c) vs his Crouch.

Odds are very much in my favour but if it does go against me I'll be left rueing my decision to avoid triple captaining under the assumption I'd be ok without it. Of course by the same token if I manage to pull it off, I'll be delighted to be in the last 8 with all 3 of my chips (not that All Out Attack is necessarily worth any points at all) to use if the chance presents itself.

Have been looking at the lads qualifying for the last 8 and it's heavily populated by members of this forum.

I'm struggling currently. Think I'm about 14 behind with my treble Aguero vs Sterling and Grant.

Really really need a big Aguero night.

Wouldn't an assist alone do it?

Depends what Sterling does. Will need 7 or 8 pts minimum from Aguero probably.

• Advertisement

Depends what Sterling does. Will need 7 or 8 pts minimum from Aguero probably.
    I'm very confused. If you're 14 behind and say Sterling and Grant cancel each other out, then you need 5 from Aguero no?

Advertisement