Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clonakilty-Things to do with kids?

Options
  • 12-07-2016 9:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭

Spending next week in Clonakilty with a 3 and half year old and 15 month old. I know Inchydoney beach is near it so hopefully spend lots of time there(if weather picks up!!). Any other things to keep the kids occupied?Many nice parks or playgrounds?Indoor play centres etc?
    Also,I don't think we can use the pool in the Quality Hotel as we're not resident or a member.Is there anyway around this? Could a member sign us in?Save us going to Celtic Ross Hotel in Rosscarbery.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭-Toppy-

There is some nice walks in Castlefreke that are not too stressful for young kids
    Also I think there is a nice playground in Ardfield (I know there is one in Clon as well) and there is another one in Leap

Tonnes of beaches around as well Owenhincha isnt too far away either

HTH
    Toppy

• Registered Users Posts: 4,714 ✭✭✭Balmed Out

I like the red strand beach.
    Theres a jungle gym in the quality not sure about access if not a member.
    I prefer the playground in ardfield then clonakilty for small ones.
    Kilbrittain has a nice playground with a whale on display.
    The model railway village and a trip on the 'train'.
    Feeding / viewing swans etc go to the bridge by ring.#
    hobbits house in ballineen / enniskeane.
    walk from the lake near owenahincha to rathbarry
    Google the various towns and villages nearby to check when their summer festivals are on though most are july i think.

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭kierank01

Lios na gCon is a restored ringfort near Clon

https://www.tripadvisor.ie/Attraction_Review-g211877-d216073-Reviews-Lios_na_gCon-Clonakilty_County_Cork.html

was brought there as a kid, so can't remember half of it...but should keep them interested for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

kierank01 wrote: »
    Lios na gCon is a restored ringfort near Clon

https://www.tripadvisor.ie/Attraction_Review-g211877-d216073-Reviews-Lios_na_gCon-Clonakilty_County_Cork.html

was brought there as a kid, so can't remember half of it...but should keep them interested for a while.

Is that open? I visited there more than 10 years ago but I thought I remember reading a few reviews a while back and they said it was closed?

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭kierank01

mordeith wrote: »
    Is that open? I visited there more than 10 years ago but I thought I remember reading a few reviews a while back and they said it was closed?

I checked on facebook, and it seemed that there was activity on the site...up until last year...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,063 ✭✭✭Miaireland

Might be worth calling into the Quality Hotel and see if you can get a weeks membership to the Leisure Centre and Kids Clubs. I know some hotels in Ireland this and it is normally not too expensive. It might be worth a try.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭toby2111

Miaireland wrote: »
    Might be worth calling into the Quality Hotel and see if you can get a weeks membership to the Leisure Centre and Kids Clubs. I know some hotels in Ireland this and it is normally not too expensive. It might be worth a try.
    Just rang the Quality, not open to non residents or non members. Shortest membership is 3 months! She did say we could use facilities if a member came with us and signed us in......Don't know any members! Any members here willing to sign us in?? PM me, cheers.

Advertisement