Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

FPL 16/17 50 euro league

Options
  • 01-07-2016 10:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭

Hi fellas,

I said I'd be back on 1st July to set up the league for next season but alas the site isn't yet up.

Just wondering about this season's private league, last year capped at 10.

Is anyone interested in me setting one up for this season? WillI I leave it at 10 and have winner takes all again, or should I open it to 12/14 and have 1st and 2nd places?

Happy to arrange and go with consensus. As with last year, first come first served.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

I'm in. I think leave it open may as well get that prize pool growing!

• Registered Users Posts: 39,498 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

In. Leave it open imo

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭mirwillbeback

Let's see the interest and depending on how many enter we can decide on prize structure.

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Hackers

Will go in again this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

I'll register an interest in this too. Depends what other leagues I end up going for though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

Count me in too

• Registered Users Posts: 42,079 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

I'm in as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,159 ✭✭✭Dearg81

I'm in too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,934 ✭✭✭AdpRo

Back in again this year to give away another 50 euro!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

Count me in :)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 267 ✭✭El Chapo

I'll give this a go.

Best to leave it open IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,822 ✭✭✭✭CSF

I'll be back assuming it's similar numbers to last year. Wouldn't be up for putting 50 euro into like a 20-30 person league.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭Crumbs

In for this!

CSF wrote: »
    I'll be back assuming it's similar numbers to last year. Wouldn't be up for putting 50 euro into like a 20-30 person league.

Likewise. If I'm sticking 50 quid into a league full of very strong players I'd want better than 20 or 30 to 1 odds of being the guy who has a stellar season and winning it in order to justify taking up a league spot.

So I'd be for a cap. 15 max.

Happy to cap it at 15 if that suits all, will we say 600 for winner and 150 second?

Pm me if you're happy with that, first 15 in and we'll close it up. I'll send on details of how to pay entry fee.

Looking forward to another season ;)

Sorry I'm still hedging my bets a bit as I've not worked out what leagues I want to do and how many spots I'll have (assuming no changes to the amount of leagues your allowed).

I did a lot of pay leagues last year and will want to do most of them again. And if I unearthed a few more nice leagues I may have no space for long shots like this.

I'm just a full blown cynical old shark... ;)

Lads, got all your PMs, will sort out league and give payment details once up and running.

We'll cap it at 15 yeah?

1st / 2nd prize....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,934 ✭✭✭AdpRo

Are the 10 that were in last season going to get first refusal?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭thewools

I'd be on for joining..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,159 ✭✭✭Dearg81

Looks like I've missed out on this now. Any chance you can increase the cap?

• Advertisement

Dearg81 wrote: »
    Looks like I've missed out on this now. Any chance you can increase the cap?

You'll fine mate, always room for you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭slimshady007

I'd like to join also if you've any spaces left?

I'm up for this if any spaces available ?

Happy to cap it at 15 if that suits all, will we say 600 for winner and 150 second?

Pm me if you're happy with that, first 15 in and we'll close it up. I'll send on details of how to pay entry fee.

Looking forward to another season ;)

500, 150, 100 1st - 3rd maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,745 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

I'm taking a short break from fantasy, not reading any of the preseason threads for the moment but I would like to get into this if you're increasing the field.

Lads,

League code is 6643-2810, just need the cash by start of season or you're booted!!

Best of luck to all, especially me :)

Lads,

League code is 6643-2810, just need the cash by start of season or you're booted!!

Renewed from last year yes? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

Is there still room in this?

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭TaytoCrisps

I could well be just joining to feed the kitty but could me in if there is still space . Any interest in setting up a monthly prize ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,745 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

Lads,

Sorry to have to ask again but is this open to me at all or am I too late?

Advertisement