Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Smart tax disc holder

• 29-06-2016 8:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,641 ✭✭✭54and56

Hi guys,

I'm looking for a three slot (tax, insurance and NCT) tax disc holder for my car which is plain white, transparent plastic or black and doesn't look like an advertising billboard for an insurance company or car dealer.

I tried looking on amazon and Micks garage without any success. Micks garage do have one emblazoned with their own marketing which they want you to actually buy and then host advertising for them for years FOC - http://www.micksgarage.com/proddetails.aspx?pid=6902505

Any suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,377 ✭✭✭Curran

Your local motor factors should have them.

They might have their name and phone number across the top, that would display above the discs when looking through the window, but I cut the top of the holder off....makes it easier to get discs in and out, and its neater too! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭Technique

I got a plain white one in Halfords last week for €5.

They also had a magnetic one which looked fairly plain and simple but I wasn't sure how it would work in practice.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,641 ✭✭✭54and56

Cheers lads, appreciate it. The solution was right under my nose and I didn't see it. Halfords/motor factors, of course!! :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭bennya

Halfords also do a nice black 3 disc holder which blends in nicely to most cars, in my view.

B

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭j14

I bought my totally blank one in my local applegreen garage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,208 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

Your local euroshop/dealz will have them

• Registered Users Posts: 40 TMM12

Dealz often have plain black or white ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,641 ✭✭✭54and56

Thanks all, got a nice blank one in my local motor factors for €4.

Problem solved.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,379 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Dealz do nice plain black ones for €1.50 in case any one else is looking.

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Dealz do nice plain black ones for €1.50 in case any one else is looking.

Really? Bastards. I always buy the €7 one in halfords. When I change to a black car (3 times so far). Looks much, much better on the windcsreen and blends in with the car instead of sticking out.

It's the small things that make the differences :P

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,352 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Plain black one in Consort, my local factors for €1.50 recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,641 ✭✭✭zilog_jones

I got some of this stuff: www.ebay.ie/itm/200748339483
    There are some on eBay that are cut to shape (designed for Chinese parking permits or something) but I found them too small for insurance and NCT discs (tax disc was OK). There is no adhesive so they can be re-used. Not sure how long it will last though - only had it a couple of months.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 norbias

discholder.ie selling plain tax disc holder.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,100 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

They are 1.50 in Dealz.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 norbias

You are absolutely right, but not everyone living in reasonable distance to dealz. Small starting businesses in Ireland needs support too.

Advertisement