Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Season 7 - Speculation Thread - "Book readers"

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭GerB40

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭Lady Spangles

Jim Broadbent is a great actor, but I can't see him as Maester Marwyn. Marwyn's quite rough and strong as an ox, very unusual for a Maester. Nevertheless, I'm looking forward to seeing what he does with the role. Really hope they include the glass candles, because they fascinate me in the books.

I haven't watched season 1 in yunks, but I know they included Mirri Maz Duur. but does anyone remember whether she mentioned being taught anatomy by Marwyn? I've always wondered whether there's more to that link than meets the eye, especially given the impact MMD has on Dany.

As an aside, when I first heard of Jim Broadbent being cast, I had rather hoped he would be Lord Howland Reed. But I'm guessing Reed won't be revealed until near the very end (in the books, at least).

• Registered Users Posts: 18,075 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Marwyn like Aeron Greyjoy won't be as significant a character in the show as he will be in the books, if the books are ever finished that is. I pictured a Clancy Brown type actor playing this role in the show, the books will go in a very different way to the show I think as the show has limited time left while the books have a lot of untold stories and very different character development going on.

Advertisement