Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Finally bought land!

Options
  • 23-06-2016 9:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭

So I finally bought 2 acres, it's not much but it's a good start. There is a cottage on it which I am building onto & renovating. The other evening I sat looking at "the field" trying to figure out what I was going to do with it. I could probably fence some bit of it off and maybe rear a few pet lambs for the freezer, but what to do with the rest.

Is there any of ye with a similar size amount of ground? If so how did you lay it out? What veg etc do you grow?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭Fiskar

Kiltris wrote: »
    So I finally bought 2 acres, it's not much but it's a good start. There is a cottage on it which I am building onto & renovating. The other evening I sat looking at "the field" trying to figure out what I was going to do with it. I could probably fence some bit of it off and maybe rear a few pet lambs for the freezer, but what to do with the rest.

Is there any of ye with a similar size amount of ground? If so how did you lay it out? What veg etc do you grow?

Plant trees ASAP, they will provide a fuel source down the road.

Put in a few Yurts , a gravel driveway and get an income source going.

Failing that set up dog kennels, great money in that game.

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Kiltris

Fiskar wrote: »
    Plant trees ASAP, they will provide a fuel source down the road.

Put in a few Yurts , a gravel driveway and get an income source going.

Failing that set up dog kennels, great money in that game.

I have the dog kennels sketched out on a pad already! :) I was thinking of putting in some sort of camping area as it is close to a fairly large tourist attraction.

I'm thinking then about maybe buying half a dozen ewe lambs every april and kill them for the freezer and seel the surplus.

Decisions, decisions!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,979 ✭✭✭Stovepipe

if you set up a "camp site", is that not change of use and thus incurring a need for planning permission? you'd also need parking room, if you actually got one going...

Advertisement