Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

My partner won't watch

2»

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,720 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

At the end of the day theres no harm in you having different tastes in entertainment.
    My missus doesnt like GoT.

Her first episode was the Red Wedding late one night when she couldnt sleep. Since they she keeps telling me that "its not a very nice show" Which isnt something I have every claimed about it. She has watched a couple of episodes this season, out of solidarity maybe. Mostly to poke holes in tbe plot I suspect!!

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

Break up.

No, don't do that. It shouldn't be a big deal. I don't think any member of a couple likes the exact same things as the other.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

To be fair the first season of GOT is pretty political, grounded and sharp, it wasn't until the finale and into the second season that hard fantasy started to appear. I was actually pretty put off once it started going heavily in that direction as I'm not a fantasy fan generally....but over time the show did grow on me to the point that I now consider it the greatest TV production ever. I understand people who haven't seen it or don't want to, but I'd wager that a decent number of those people would change their mind after getting through the first season. I think my indifference started sliding towards essential viewing about half way through.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Tie him to the chair and use clamps to keep his eyes open.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39,022 ✭✭✭✭Permabear

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement

Unfortunate to have a love for something like Game of Thrrones with a partner who has no interest. I'm lucky that my girlfriend loves it and we always look forward to Monday evening when it's back on.

It can be really annoying to be nagged to do something but I'd give it another shot. Say you want to rewatch the six seasons over the next 10 months before season 7 because it got so good. If he plays on his phone or whatever, just tell him to have a look at the first episode at the same time. The start of the show is extremely gripping.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,178 ✭✭✭Spon Farmer

Alicemoon wrote: »
    I love game of thrones but my boy friend refuses to get into it even tho he expects me to enjoy the football with him. He says it's too complicated there are too many characters and it's unrealistic. I would really like him to become a fan so we could watch and discuss it together. Any ideas?

"Unrealistic"? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭stronglikebull

Alicemoon wrote: »
    He says it's too complicated there are too many characters and it's unrealistic.

The exact same thing can be said for Football.

Advertisement