Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weddings

Options
  • 13-06-2016 9:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Going to friends wedding. What is going rate for couple?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,210 ✭✭✭✭Water John

€150.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭Bacchus

There's a wedding forum here where you'll get more discussion/feedback.... http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=670

Also, just search in that forum, I'm sure the question has been asked many times.

My own 2c, it's whatever you want or can afford to give. You are a guest, you were invited by the couple, you are under no obligation to pay the "going rate". Also, a lot of it depends on your relationship with the couple... are you a brother/sister? Cousin? Close friend? Work colleague?

€150 is the socially accepted norm but it's a personal choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,210 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Baachus, you are right. As you can see by my short answer, I'm a fella.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,644 ✭✭✭Milly33

Yep agree with all above, jes the wedding forum will have you paying €200 each haha and don't forget to cover dinner? €150 if you can and if not anything you can afford... enjoy the wedding

Advertisement