Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Watch Dogs 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Played 32 hours and its better than the 1st, its alright. Think 40 is a bit much for it tho so pros/cons time.

Pros:
    The character from the 1st does not speak in this one.
    The characters are actually funny/likeable in this one.
    The game play is fun for a while, few really good stand out missions.
    Coop is fun for a while.
    Hacking Multiplayer is fun.
    San Fran is well made

Cons
    Driving.
    The missions later in the game seem to repeat earlier ones in the same locations.
    The main story should be coop, there should be more coop.

€25 would be the sweet spot for me, as when its done I dont really see myself playing it again unless it has some GTA V style MP or something. Which it doesnt, it has coop and hacker MP thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

This is on the Playstation 12 days deals at 40 bucks. Should I buy it? Is it worth it?

It's £28 on Amazon for a Physical Disc

https://www.amazon.co.uk/UBI-Soft-300086137-Watch-Dogs/dp/B01GS5I3LS/ref=sr_1_1?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1482418953&sr=1-1&keywords=watch+dogs+2+ps4

And CEX are giving big money for it, if you already have a copy on disc and want to go digital (€43.00)

https://ie.webuy.com/product.php?sku=3307215966648#.WFvq4baLTOQ

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Having trouble hacking doors, the option is greyed out sometimes. Do I need to upgrade something for this to work, it's really frustrating.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,480 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Having trouble hacking doors, the option is greyed out sometimes. Do I need to upgrade something for this to work, it's really frustrating.

Some doors need you hack a circuit somewhere else first. When you try to hack a locked door, it should show a a line where it goes back to the circuit that needs hacking or physical interaction. Go into matrix vision to help track the line if it disappears.

Yeah, I did that, got to the circuit, but can't do anything with it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,480 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Yeah, I did that, got to the circuit, but can't do anything with it.

When you try hack the circuit, it should give a small message on why it can't be hacked. I got stuck a few times and had never seen the message that it needed a physical hack. Are you trying it with Marcus, the car or the copter?

Copter, it's up on a roof. Watched a walkthrough and a guy just walked to the door and hacked it with L1, which is why im wondering if I need more botnet power or whatever.

Copter, it's up on a roof. Watched a walkthrough and a guy just walked to the door and hacked it with L1, which is why im wondering if I need more botnet power or whatever.

Cant hack doors with the copter, car or Marcus only.

But Marcus wont do it either.

Is it red when you look at it in hacker view with a cable running away from it ?

• Advertisement

Yeah, think I got it. Have to wait for the triangle prompt to let me hack it. Thanks for the help.

This game is just more annoying than fun, but I will not stop.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,636 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

So I started playing this last Thursday and I'm loving it. Much much better than the first one.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I still haven't been able too take a picture of someone puking :rolleyes:

I still haven't been able too take a picture of someone puking :rolleyes:

I was following some drunk around yesterday waiting for him to puke up. I waited and waited and waited for that stuff to come out of his mouth. Nothing came out.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Jordan 199 wrote: »
    I was following some drunk around yesterday waiting for him to puke up. I waited and waited and waited for that stuff to come out of his mouth. Nothing came out.

I was doing the same, I was even hanging out down by the waterfront place at night and nothing.

I was doing the same, I was even hanging out down by the waterfront place at night and nothing.

It will happen sometime and it will happen when you least expect it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

It's not necessarily a drunk person that will do it, it can be anyone.
    A business woman carrying coffee just stopped and did it in my game.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Looks like they've opted for a free trial for the game.
    It is the full game, for 3 hours :)
    Console only, no PC trial!

Q. What platforms is the trial available on?

The Watch Dogs 2 Free Trial is available worldwide on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One consoles only. PlayStation 4 console owners can download the trial starting January 17th, and Xbox One owners can download starting January 24th.

https://watchdogs.ubisoft.com/watchdogs/en-US/news/152-282010-16/free-trial-faq

• Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭shuffles03

I've tried to like this game, I really have. It really bugs me.

Every mission is the exact same. Break into here, don't be seen, unlock this, oh no you were seen, bang you're dead.

I think I've given up now.

It gets a lot easier, haven't died in it in a long time.

I hate selfies, I hate people who take them, it's the saddest thing in the world. Look at me, tell me I look great, like my picture.

So when I see anyone on the street in this game taking a selfie, I hack them and send a gang over to assassinate them.

They deserve it.

• Advertisement

It gets a lot easier, haven't died in it in a long time.

I hate selfies, I hate people who take them, it's the saddest thing in the world. Look at me, tell me I look great, like my picture.

So when I see anyone on the street in this game taking a selfie, I hack them and send a gang over to assassinate them.

They deserve it.

Lol harsh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭eeguy

shuffles03 wrote: »
    I've tried to like this game, I really have. It really bugs me.

Every mission is the exact same. Break into here, don't be seen, unlock this, oh no you were seen, bang you're dead.

I think I've given up now.

I played it for 2 hours. The first mission was good, then as soon as it got to the open world everything just seemed very meh...

That's the problem when you're competing with GTA5 in sandbox.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,955 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

eeguy wrote: »
    I played it for 2 hours. The first mission was good, then as soon as it got to the open world everything just seemed very meh...

That's the problem when you're competing with GTA5 in sandbox.

But you can't get random NPC's arrested or taken care of in GTA5.

I like causing car crashes. That's my jam.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Just downloaded the free trial, so looking forward to giving it a shot. I assume progress carries over to the main game? While I'm hoping I enjoy it I don't think it's going to be so mind blowing that I'll want to experience the first three hours a couple of times in quick succession.

🤪

There's some fairly fun missions to do, unexpectedly good.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Sabre0001 wrote: »
    Just downloaded the free trial, so looking forward to giving it a shot. I assume progress carries over to the main game? While I'm hoping I enjoy it I don't think it's going to be so mind blowing that I'll want to experience the first three hours a couple of times in quick succession.

You'll be able to pick up where you left off after the trial ends, if you decide to buy the full game :)

They could easily do a great GTA style game with that engine too, the hacking is ok but gets old. Sometimes you just want to shoot things. I'll be playing the next one for sure.

There's some fairly fun missions to do, unexpectedly good.

That's true. I had a great time playing one last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

They could easily do a great GTA style game with that engine too, the hacking is ok but gets old. Sometimes you just want to shoot things. I'll be playing the next one for sure.

Found the hacking a pain in this compared to the first, less intuitive

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,806 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Found the entire feel of this game off. Too hipster. Like, they throw everything hipster at you, they want you to be a hipster (just check out the clothing options). I played about 5 hours of this, and had to stop. Too hipster.

Did i mention it was too hipster? It's a shame, i think i'd like it otherwise. Really enjoyed the first one.

Advertisement