Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Smart Watch & App vs Dedicated Golf Watch

Options
  • 04-06-2016 7:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭

Hey all,
    Looking at purchasing either a smart watch (Android) with perhaps a dedicated app or a dedicated golf watch TomTom golfer or a Garmin etc.

Any one any recommendations? Pros & Cons?
    What would give the best bang for the buck? Shot recording, round recording etc?

Many thanks in advance.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

Definitely get a dedicated watch, I bought an android smart watch but gave up on it after a couple of rounds, it didn't have built in gps but some do have now.
    Never seen the point of the watches, I only bought it to use for golf, and having to charge your watch along with your phone every night is a PITA.

Have a golfbuddy watch now and it's 100x better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 879 ✭✭✭Montgolfier

Hey all,
    Looking at purchasing either a smart watch (Android) with perhaps a dedicated app or a dedicated golf watch TomTom golfer or a Garmin etc.

Any one any recommendations? Pros & Cons?
    What would give the best bang for the buck? Shot recording, round recording etc?

Many thanks in advance.

Bought game golf load of **** I could do the same shot tracking with a card recording my putts fir gir etc. Still we buy into the marketing bull at least I do. If I were you I would think what's functional? A GPS or laser that's all you need.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,824 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

I personally wouldn't bother with a watch. I have a GPS and it works very well for me. Laser good option also,

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Pauliee

Hi

I have one for sale in adverts if you are interested

http://www.adverts.ie/clothing-footwear/garmin-approach-s6-gps-watch/10641605

Advertisement