Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Micro chipping puppies

Options
  • 01-06-2016 12:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

My dog has had 7 puppies a few weeks ago and unfortunately I'm not in a position to keep any of them. I have arranged with my vet to get my dog neutered as soon as possible. But I know the rules about selling puppies now, you have to get them microchipped. Money is tight at the moment, and I have nothing saved up as I didn't expect my dog would get pregnant. Does anyone know of places in Cork that can do it cheaply, or free? Any advice would be appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭njs030

Instead of selling them for a profit you could ask a rescue to help you rehome them and let them keep any fee in exchange for chipping and giving them injections, worming tablets etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,390 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

Perhaps Cork DAWG could give you some advice if you contact them?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,644 ✭✭✭Milly33

Its a very good question, would like to know what the outcome is for this one.. In my mind I think as you are selling them on (hopefully to well sussed ownsers too many shocking owners around) there would be no point in you chipping them as it would be easier for the new owners to do it and less hassel.

Milly33 wrote: »
    Its a very good question, would like to know what the outcome is for this one.. In my mind I think as you are selling them on (hopefully to well sussed ownsers too many shocking owners around) there would be no point in you chipping them as it would be easier for the new owners to do it and less hassel.

But breaking the law.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,644 ✭✭✭Milly33

is it though!! Bet through technicalities youd get away with it

• Advertisement

Milly33 wrote: »
    is it though!! Bet through technicalities youd get away with it

No it's illegal. A puppy cannot leave the place of its birth without being microchipped with the exception of visiting a vet to have a microchip inserted.
    It's pretty clear and there's no loopholes

Advertisement