Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Wheelie Bin Pay-by-weight discussion thread

Options
123457»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,805 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

daheff wrote: »
    and pay by weight isnt?

Any action you take to change how the market works is interfering.

please explain this to free marketeers! its time for us to move on from all this free market nonsense

• Registered Users Posts: 5,833 ✭✭✭daheff

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    please explain this to free marketeers! its time for us to move on from all this free market nonsense

I agree. There needs to be free market, but within sensible constraints.

daheff wrote: »
    I agree. There needs to be free market, but within sensible constraints.

absolutely, the free market, or what we perceive to be the free market, must operate within certain criteria, i think english economist kate raworth hits this perfectly on the head in her work. unfortunately, those that believe our economic systems should operate, unimpeded from any interference from regulatory democracy are effectively ruling the roast, this is a serious problem for us all, particularly environmentally.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

absolutely, the free market, or what we perceive to be the free market, must operate within certain criteria, i think english economist kate raworth hits this perfectly on the head in her work. unfortunately, those that believe our economic systems should operate, unimpeded from any interference from regulatory democracy are effectively ruling the roast, this is a serious problem for us all, particularly environmentally.
    Good point.

I am personally disgusted that only 'profitable' recyclables are now accepted in the bins.

Anything that is recyclable should be allowed - i.e. with the recycle logo on it.

If they are only accepting materials they can make money on then they should be paying us to provide them rather than charging us to collect them.

Steve wrote:
    If they are only accepting materials they can make money on then they should be paying us to provide them rather than charging us to collect them.

We may need to go a step forward and simply ban certain materials from entering our market, I'd imagine the hardcore free marketeers would be up in arms over that one though, it's disturbing to see this play out on a global scale. I do realise though that this involves complex global supply chains, but our democratic and our political institutions must be empowered in some way to deal with these critical issues

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

Was just 3kg short of the dreaded 75kg allowance last week .

Is this an unusual average weight for you?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

Is this an unusual average weight for you?
    Our monthly allowance is 75kg but the extra klinkers and ashes from the fires is causing extra weight for next few months.

Advertisement