Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Brewferm mini keg starter kits - any good?

• 21-05-2016 4:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 382 ✭✭

I have brewed before, but the last time was in 1994, so I've forgotten almost everything about it.

Saw these on Brouwland last night, but the shipping was prohibitive at €40+. Today I've found this (same product) at Geterbrewed and shipping is much more reasonable at €5.25. Actual product price is €89 from both, slightly cheaper at Geterbrewed.

Before I pull the trigger on this, has anyone tried these before? Would you recommend?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

endagibson wrote: »
    I have brewed before, but the last time was in 1994, so I've forgotten almost everything about it.

Saw these on Brouwland last night, but the shipping was prohibitive at €40+. Today I've found this (same product) at Geterbrewed and shipping is much more reasonable at €5.25. Actual product price is €89 from both, slightly cheaper at Geterbrewed.

Before I pull the trigger on this, has anyone tried these before? Would you recommend?

Decent write-up on them here
    http://www.nationalhomebrewclub.ie/forum/index.php?topic=7048.0

• Registered Users Posts: 39 matt007

For the price they do seem a bit delicate and fiddly,
    I've been looking at the i-brew version, with a double injector so you can use nitrogen as well.
    Anyone used these?

Advertisement