Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Fargo Season 3 *Spoilers*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭who_ru

Still no sign of season 3 starting on channel 4 ��

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭NATLOR

who_ru wrote: »
    Still no sign of season 3 starting on channel 4 ��

Seen it advertised on 4/7 last night no date given just 'coming soon' usually means 2 weeks or so

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭NATLOR

Yep. I was luke warm about watching it having been underwhelmed by the first episodes but this was great.

Totally agree first 3 have not been close to hitting the heights of S1 AND S2 but episode 4 has sparked S3 to life at last :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,095 ✭✭✭Lirange

el diablo wrote: »
    No, it's set in Minnesota but shot in Alberta. Canadians don't speak like that. :D

They talk like they do in Making a Murderer. After watching that circus one might believe these are true stories after all.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,836 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

Ya the English guy is class,can't remember his name

"Don't bang the cattle" that was too funny

David Thewlis

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

The show really needed that - I've liked it so far but I felt it was starting to lose the run of itself with the 3rd episode, latest episode was gold though and smack back on track.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,961 ✭✭✭BailMeOut

where are you all watching the 3rd season of Fargo? I cannot find it anywhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,961 ✭✭✭BailMeOut

ah - cool. Just wanted to make sure I am not missing it. So it will be on normal TV (Ch4) at some point?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭prodsc

Wed 31 May 10pm C4 for those waiting.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Oh f***
    :eek:

That was .. I mean like..

I'll be thinking about that one.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

What an episode.. Took it to another level.. These boys don't feck around if you get in their way

• Closed Accounts Posts: 553 ✭✭✭Elvisjuice

class episode --David Thewlis and his two goons are ****ing great . It's going to get juicy now . Best series on TV at the moment .

• Registered Users Posts: 60,280 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭jcsoulinger

That was just unbelievable tv, this series just keeps on getting better and better. Varga has to be one of the best tv show characters ever, best villan anyways, so menacing but so calm and calculated, great to watch.

Was delighted to see Nikki survive thought she was a goner, It wouldn't be the same without her.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Dearbhla Walsh directed that episode and the one next week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 869 ✭✭✭mikeybrennan

it's great,the police interview at the station didn't work for me though

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,960 ✭✭✭Dr Crayfish

Brilliant, I'm not Ewan's biggest fan but he's batting out of the park here. Dearbhla Walsh directed that episode, if I'm reading about the correct one she used to direct Ros Na Run episodes. Inspirational! David T is amazing, his teeth are the star of the show so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

Another brilliant episode

It's such a well made show

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

That was. That really was!

Found the song from early on in the episode but like.. the rest of the episode was just tops!

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭RastaRed

Best show, cast, writers on TV at the moment, brilliant stuff

• Closed Accounts Posts: 869 ✭✭✭mikeybrennan

Great stuff

I can't take these Chinese goons seriously though

• Registered Users Posts: 3,669 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

Sorry to see Ray go. I was kinda hoping him and Nikki would win out in the end somehow. Nikki did seem to genuinely love Ray no matter how implausible their relationship looked.

I don't really understand why Emmit didn't help him more though i.e. call and ambulance or try to stop the flow of blood even though Ray was most likely goosed when he pulled out that shard of glass.

Maybe Varga has finally met his match with Gloria. She wasn't buying anything he was selling. It was very funny that he couldn't find anything online about her.

It's really picking up after a rather slow start.

DeepBlue wrote: »
    Sorry to see Ray go. I was kinda hoping him and Nikki would win out in the end somehow. Nikki did seem to genuinely love Ray no matter how implausible their relationship looked.

I don't really understand why Emmit didn't help him more though i.e. call and ambulance or try to stop the flow of blood even though Ray was most likely goosed when he pulled out that shard of glass.

Maybe Varga has finally met his match with Gloria. She wasn't buying anything he was selling. It was very funny that he couldn't find anything online about her.

It's really picking up after a rather slow start.

I think Ray was always going to struggle to survive the series, crime was completely out of his comfort zone, Fargo isn't very sympathetic to these type of characters, He was great tho so sorry to see him gone. Atleast they didn't get Nikki and she may still win out in the end, They seem to be totally underestimating her. At first I was thinking she was using him but as time went by it became clear that she had a genuine fondness for him.

Emmit probably felt Ray was going to die even if he helped him and then he would be implicated in his murder, He's a coward and was always going to choose the route of less resistance, It was interesting that he chooses to call Varga over his "Fixer".

I don't think the series has been slow at all, It just takes time to establish the story. Still 4 episodes to go and can't wait to see how it ends.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,280 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

McGregor has been doing a great job I must say.

Edit; An interview with Dearbhla Walsh in the below link spoilers if you haven't seen the last two episodes.

Spoiler interview with Dearbhla Walsh

McGregor has been doing a great job I must say.

So good you forget they are the same actor.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,110 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Quality episode once again, the whole series just seems so smooth in continuity.

Turns out my wife knows the art director for this (a friends brother in law), worked on Inception too. Having a set sale in Calgary next week it turns out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭bajer101

"I'm beginning to think that finance is more of a hobby with you."

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Bump! Channel 4 tonight - it would appear they've already lost some faith in Fargo by bumping this to a midweek 10 PM slot with the Handmaids Tale getting the juicy Sunday 9 PM US import slot.

Advertisement