Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Fargo Season 3 *Spoilers*

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭jcsoulinger

el diablo wrote: »
    Decent first episode.. What was the link to East Berlin in 1988 and Helga's murder?

Can't say yet if it will link in. One thing I noticed was that the accused in 1988 was wearing slippers, and then later in the episode Ewan McGregor's character (the better off one) Is about to leave the house when his wife mentions that he's still wearing his house shoes then we see a very similar shot of his slippers that we had seen in the opening scene. It could be they are hinting that he will also be falsely accused in the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Marita67

Mary Elizabeth Winstead is joining. She will play Nikki Swango, a crafty and alluring recent parolee with a passion for competitive bridge playing. Nikki is a woman with a plan, focused on always being at least one move ahead of her opponents.

• Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭Brendan Filone

Marita67 wrote: »
    Mary Elizabeth Winstead is joining. She will play Nikki Swango, a crafty and alluring recent parolee with a passion for competitive bridge playing. Nikki is a woman with a plan, focused on always being at least one move ahead of her opponents.

The way she had already established with the manager of the building that the air conditioner was broken and that she knew exactly how long it would take for someone to get right below it leads me to believe she was already planning on using that 'plot' with the AC on the Parole Officer/Ewan McGregor, perhaps thinking she would cash out on some insurance policy after he married her.

The way he was hypnotized by her when she rose up from the tub....she knows she has him on her fingertip.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

That episode! Oh jeez! :D

eh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭Rumpy Pumpy

Only the two episodes in, but this is looking like another absolute gem of a season.

There's something about Fargo that is different than other shows - the scenery, humour, pacing, mythos.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,095 ✭✭✭Lirange

I didn't realise until now that EmmitEwan is wearing brown contacts to help make him more distinct from his blue eyed brother RayEwan. Didn't notice this until their conversation together in the 2nd ep. Don't know how I didn't catch that in the first episode as it seems blindingly obvious now.

Loads of barmy things happening. Well it's Fargo. What's with copper Gloria and the automatic door? Sy taking that fugly hummer to Ray's rickety but serviceable corvette was nasty business. Was really hoping he'd careen straight into a pole.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,745 ✭✭✭el diablo

All three series were shot here in Alberta, Canada, some of it a twenty minute walk from my apartment. Season 3's been pretty good so far.

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

this year is just not doing it for me. the extensive upside-down camera shots and such are just putting me off as opposed to drawing me in.
    The characters of season 1 remain far more engaging than what came after for me.

glasso wrote: »
    this year is just not doing it for me. the extensive upside-down camera shots and such are just putting me off as opposed to drawing me in.
    The characters of season 1 remain far more engaging than what came after for me.
    Pretty dead here... Anyone watch episode 3 yet or you've all given up on it? 8-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

Interesting episode for sure. Not sure where they are going with all this sc-fi stuff. I know callbacks to last season and all. I like this show inside Minnesota so hopefully that is the last of them outside of it.

Pretty dead here... Anyone watch episode 3 yet or you've all given up on it? 8-)

gave up after episode 2. too much nazal-gazing and over-slow story build-up going on.
    dare I say it as another poster said - the accent as put on has become a grate.

That episode was cool. Like there was just so much to it. Might lose audience though with so much to keep track of.

Anyway, with that done, I think that's gonna be able to cut short the sci fi for a while. Down to the police work and capper.

Only just discovered that Ewan McGregor plays both brothers in this....:O

Only just discovered that Ewan McGregor plays both brothers in this....:O

lol. after watching how many episodes?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Chain Smoker

Jesus, that Don Hertzfeldt rip off was about as blatant as it could've been...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,960 ✭✭✭Dr Crayfish

I felt sorry for that poor robot. Liking it so far, and I am in love with Carrie Coon ever since she came into the Leftovers. Took me almost a whole episode to notice Ewan was playing 2 characters. It's a shame Scoot McNairy didn't have a longer part, I like him. I never knew it was filmed in Calgary, I'll have to look out for landmarks, spent a couple of years there once, coldest place I've ever been.

I felt sorry for that poor robot. Liking it so far, and I am in love with Carrie Coon ever since she came into the Leftovers. Took me almost a whole episode to notice Ewan was playing 2 characters. It's a shame Scoot McNairy didn't have a longer part, I like him. I never knew it was filmed in Calgary, I'll have to look out for landmarks, spent a couple of years there once, coldest place I've ever been.
    Yep, plenty of recognizable landmarks over the three series. The incident with the air conditioner unit a few episodes was shot in Inglewood.   Winters are great here.   I'd certainly prefer the Calgary climate over the sideways wind and rain of Ireland. :P

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,960 ✭✭✭Dr Crayfish

Ha. I used to drink in Swanns of Inglewood, lived up the road from there in Ramsey, total dive. I'll have to watch that scene again. But no give me the Irish miserable weather over -35c wind chill thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,300 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

that's how the world thinks Canadians talk anyway

was that Billy Bob Thornton narrating Peter and the Wolf?

• Advertisement

Skerries wrote: »
    that's how the world thinks Canadians talk anyway
    No, it's set in Minnesota but shot in Alberta. Canadians don't speak like that. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭bajer101

Skerries wrote: »

was that Billy Bob Thornton narrating Peter and the Wolf?

I thought that too. Another top notch episode. Can't believe this show is not more popular. This, and Better Call Saul are the best two TV shows on at the moment. Nothing else that is currently airing comes close.

I had a few mates over the other night and none of them had even heard of it and I put on the very first episode and they loved it. We watched the first three episodes (including the extra long pilot), and they were all engrossed. Quality TV

That episode was really cool!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,087 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Slydice wrote: »

Yep. I was luke warm about watching it having been underwhelmed by the first episodes but this was great.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,988 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Carrie Coon is getting pigeon-holed into playing roles where her character doesn't react well with electronics...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 cligy

I wonder what the point of that is though (other than making me laugh!). Is it to show that she doesn't fit in in the modern world, because of her dislike of technology or maybe to show that most people and things seem to be against her?

cligy wrote: »
    I wonder what the point of that is though (other than making me laugh!). Is it to show that she doesn't fit in in the modern world, because of her dislike of technology or maybe to show that most people and things seem to be against her?

It's annoying me tbh, there is no reasonable explanation for it happening to her and no one else, maybe she's a ghost lol. Maybe it is to highlight her technophobia, but surely there are ways to do this that would be funny and make more sense. Loving the show otherwise tho not sure there's a better hour of tv on the box at the moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 cligy

I was thinking maybe she was a vampire! This week's episede really focused on it so who knows, maybe it's just there to throw us off the scent of other plotlines?

It's probably just a quirky part of her character that they ran with when they probably shouldn't have.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 869 ✭✭✭mikeybrennan

Slydice wrote: »

Ya the English guy is class,can't remember his name

"Don't bang the cattle" that was too funny

Advertisement