Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Social life in UL?

• 19-05-2016 4:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

In 6th year at the moment and planning to go to UL in September! Just wondering what the social life is like? Im quite an outgoing person but none of my friends are going to UL! the college seems to be a good bit out from the city so just wondering does it get a bit boring? Also i missed out on on-campus accomadation but have brookfield booked, just wondering has anyone stayed there and whats it like? tia

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭TMJM96

In 6th year at the moment and planning to go to UL in September! Just wondering what the social life is like? Im quite an outgoing person but none of my friends are going to UL! the college seems to be a good bit out from the city so just wondering does it get a bit boring? Also i missed out on on-campus accomadation but have brookfield booked, just wondering has anyone stayed there and whats it like? tia

I've just finished first year so I feel I have a good perspective of going into the college for the first time.

My circumstances were a bit different from you, I wasn't very outgoing and all my friends from secondary came to UL. Saying that, I made so many new friends in the college and Limerick, as well as becoming more assertive and outgoing.

Joining a club or society is definitely the way to go. There are so many C&S in the college that it will be hard to find something you don't have an interest in. There's a recruitment drive at the start of the year where each C&S promote themselves.

You're right, UL is a bit far from the city but there's a somewhat regular bus (the 304) that goes into the town. Saying that, there's pretty much everything you need in UL or a short walk from UL. Social life in the city is decent. If you're in Brookfield then the 307 stops outside that. It's very hard to be bored in UL imo.

The main student clubs are Angel Lane, Crush and The Library. I'm personally not a fan of them but there are many pubs, Costello's being a personal fave. There's a once a month event in Dolan's that's more in the alternative scene. It's called DIE which stands for Dub Indie and Electronic. This is probably my favourite place to go out in and is more popular with art school students really. If you're into the alt or techno scene this place is for you. Dolan's often have gigs or comedy shows so it's a pretty cool place.

Brookfield is really nice, didn't stay there but friends did and they're going there again for second year. Only thing that's bad about it is the distance from the college, about a 20-25 minute walk. There's a minibus for it but it's not very frequent. I'd just recommend to bring a bike.

I hope I gave enough info, want to know more just ask away. Also, what course do you plan on studying?

Advertisement