Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Stage 4: Medical & Physical

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Markmac15

Hey when is the next intake after July I’m hearing October and December? Any truth in October ?
    Medical passed yesterday just waiting on my vetting to be cleared

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭Henry2006

Markmac15 wrote: »
    Hey when is the next intake after July I’m hearing October and December? Any truth in October ?
    Medical passed yesterday just waiting on my vetting to be cleared

There are 600 recruits this campaign in 3 groups of 200, April, July & December

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Keelster97

Just FYI for people July offers are out got mine today delighted.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 jwals2130

Keelster97 wrote: »
    Just FYI for people July offers are out got mine today delighted.
    When did you do medical ?

Medical done on Wednesday the 29th of May

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 46 Stickynote10

Medical done on Wednesday the 29th of May

Well Done, god you got the offer very fast. I’ve my medical next week hope I get an offer as quick as you ðŸ˜

Cheers came as a shock alright but I've heard rumours that they're struggling to fill intakes so I'd say provided your medical goes well you'll hear something

• Registered Users Posts: 2,532 ✭✭✭A2LUE42

Anyone who did a medical on the 30th or 31st of May hear anything since?

Cheers came as a shock alright but I've heard rumours that they're struggling to fill intakes so I'd say provided your medical goes well you'll hear something

I’m not confident at all for the medical, got laser surgery done but I’m a good be over on the BMI so I don’t think I’ll pass it!

Have medical this week? Very worried about it if I’m honest. Anyone got any tips of advise? Thanks in advance

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 203 ✭✭bottar1

Have medical this week? Very worried about it if I’m honest. Anyone got any tips of advise? Thanks in advance

I mean its a medical, so there isn't really anything you can do now, if you're worried about your BMI it's too late to change it now, if you get deferred then just work on it, it's simple as, anyone can get their BMI down if they want to and commit to it.

Other than that, just arrive in good time.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Stevencallan

Hi guys
    I sent my gp clearance form away does anyone know how soon u get an offer for the fitness test once that has been sent away

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭james flanagan

Hi guys
    I sent my gp clearance form away does anyone know how soon u get an offer for the fitness test once that has been sent away
    About two weeks from the date you sent it back pal then about 3 weeks u will do pct

Did mine on the 29th and got an offer 2 days later so I'd say watch the space you should get one if you haven't already.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Planes 1997

Have the medical next Wednesday. Hardly get into July will I? Met the super and sergeant last week.

Have the medical next Wednesday. Hardly get into July will I? Met the super and sergeant last week.

Quite possible, no guarantees. People have got offers with less notice in previous intakes as far as I'm aware.

Wouldn't say never as I heard people getting offers up until mid April for the April intake so you may have a chance. Best of luck to you anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Frenchjoe87

Hi everyone

Congrats to all who have made it this far. I have a question if anyone could shine any light on it.

What exactly is discussed when you meet with the super and sergeant. Is it like a formal job interview or a relaxed chat and see how you react to certain questions?

Hi everyone

Congrats to all who have made it this far. I have a question if anyone could shine any light on it.

What exactly is discussed when you meet with the super and sergeant. Is it like a formal job interview or a relaxed chat and see how you react to certain questions?

It's was more of a chat in my experience, but everyone's experience is different, I don't think you can get a definitive answer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭Jake5991

bottar1 wrote: »
    It's was more of a chat in my experience, but everyone's experience is different, I don't think you can get a definitive answer.

Can you fail it ? If you have an adult caution and one or two minor incidents would it be enough for them to say you were not suitable ?

• Advertisement

Jake5991 wrote: »
    Can you fail it ? If you have an adult caution and one or two minor incidents would it be enough for them to say you were not suitable ?

The only person(s) who could tell you that is people who failed it. I don't know anyone that has however!

Not sure mate, sorry!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭Jake5991

bottar1 wrote: »
    The only person(s) who could tell you that is people who failed it. I don't know anyone that has however!

Not sure mate, sorry!

Ok no probs i guess il find out myself . Thanks anyway

Finally got my date for fitness test..doing mine on the 5th July anyone else have that date ?

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Frenchjoe87

this may sound like a daft question but does anyone know if for the sit up part of the fitness test if somebody will be leaning on your feet. reason i'm asking is that i am struggling big time with the sit ups but if i lock my feet under something i can do them all day, I know that its much easier if the feet are secured under something but if its not the case in the test than i need to drastically change my training routine to make sure i make the 30+ reps inside a minute

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭OscarKilo

this may sound like a daft question but does anyone know if for the sit up part of the fitness test if somebody will be leaning on your feet. reason i'm asking is that i am struggling big time with the sit ups but if i lock my feet under something i can do them all day, I know that its much easier if the feet are secured under something but if its not the case in the test than i need to drastically change my training routine to make sure i make the 30+ reps inside a minute

Yeah they stand on them

For the BMI at the medical is it less than 25% or less than 30%?

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭Henry2006

It’s less than 30

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Carthy2019

29.9 is pass.
    I got 30.5 and they deferred me so I missed out by 0.6 and he wasn’t having any off it.
    Back up for review September 12th

Hi All,

I’ve a question if anyone could help I’d really appreciate it. I completed a medical in June and was deferred on my BMI so I’ve to go back in September. Does anyone know what the process is? Do I contact them or will they contact me? I was told my date is the 12th of Sept the day of the medical, will I be doing the medical that day or will of be after that? If it’s after that do you get much extra time? Really appreciate the advise if anyone has been in this position.

• Advertisement

Has everyone that done and passed the medical had their meeting with the local guard or is there people like myself still waiting to have the meeting

Advertisement