Advertisement
We've partnered up with Nixers.com to offer a space where you can talk directly to Peter from Nixers.com and get an exclusive Boards.ie discount code for a free job listing. If you are recruiting or know anyone else who is please check out the forum here.
If you have a new account but can't post, please email Niamh on [email protected] for help to verify your email address. Thanks :)

1000's of kids making their communion today

1235724

Comments

  • Registered Users Posts: 20,381 ✭✭✭✭ One eyed Jack


    "when you're saying the Church molested kids, you might as well be saying men molest kids. You're a man Kenny. Do you approve of men molesting kids then?"

    Wow - such amazing logic at work here.


    So... nothing at all like you claimed I said then?

    Well, thanks for clearing that up at least.

    Any chance you could tone down the hyperbole and there might be a reasonable discussion to be salvaged from this mess?


  • Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭ Kenny Bania


    The only thing that amazes me here, 8 pages in, is how many people will blindly defend an organisation riddled with paedophiles, that systematically moved them around to avoid getting caught, and still finances & supports them to this very day.

    You all seem to find the most bizarre ways to justify yourselves being okay with it, and directly supporting it by putting money in the collection plates - that probably paid for a last-minute Ryanair flight to get Fr. Touchy McFeely out of Clane parish over to a sauna in the Vatican before the cops arrived.


  • Registered Users Posts: 6,913 ✭✭✭ Absolam


    If you don't think financing paedophiles is showing support for them & defending their actions, I'm not sure what more we can discuss here.
    Well, I don't think the Church or religious orders providing pensions, housing, private medical insurance (or anything else) to convicted paedophile priests is the same as the Pope providing them, nor do I think the provision of such things to convicted paedophile priests is the same as defending convicted paedophile priests (much as I don't think the President of Ireland is defending convicted paedophile laypeople when the State provides them with social housing, state pensions or medical cards). So you're probably right, if you can't point to a specific occasion where the Pope has defended anyone being a paedophile, there's probably not more we can discuss here, since your post was apparently an unfounded slur.
    Maybe the pope will sign your poster when he visits next year.
    Oooh.. that burns! Oh wait. Nope. It doesn't. Try harder?


  • Registered Users Posts: 20,381 ✭✭✭✭ One eyed Jack


    The only thing that amazes me here, 8 pages in, is how many people will blindly defend an organisation riddled with paedophiles, that systematically moved them around to avoid getting caught, and still finances & supports them to this very day.

    You all seem to find the most bizarre ways to justify yourselves being okay with it, and directly supporting it by putting money in the collection plates - that probably paid for a last-minute Ryanair flight to get Fr. Touchy McFeely out of Clane parish over to a sauna in the Vatican before the cops arrived.


    Have you actually read any of my posts in this thread Kenny? Because the post above suggests you haven't. It suggests that rather than engage in reasonable discussion, you'd prefer to grandstand and soapbox, in which case you're on your own as far as I'm concerned, because I'm out.


  • Registered Users Posts: 6,913 ✭✭✭ Absolam


    You all seem to find the most bizarre ways to justify yourselves being okay with it, and directly supporting it by putting money in the collection plates - that probably paid for a last-minute Ryanair flight to get Fr. Touchy McFeely out of Clane parish over to a sauna in the Vatican before the cops arrived.
    Sounds like you're making stuff up again, like that crack about the Pope.


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭ Kenny Bania


    Absolam wrote: »
    Well, I don't think the Church or religious orders providing pensions, housing, private medical insurance (or anything else) to convicted paedophile priests is the same as the Pope providing them

    Not sure if anyone has told you this, but the Pope is actually the leader of the church. So he could stop showing his loyalty & support to convicted paedophile priests if he wished. But he doesn't. He continues to finance them. Something you're totally fine with, and have purposefully avoided criticising.
    Absolam wrote: »
    Sounds like you're making stuff up again, like that crack about the Pope.

    Yeah, because Fr Touchy McFeely is a real priest and that was intended as a real story - you got me, detective.
    Have you actually read any of my posts in this thread Kenny? Because the post above suggests you haven't.
    I've read 8 pages of you defending the worlds largest ever paedophile ring. My favourite part was this though:
    "when you're saying the Church molested kids, you might as well be saying men molest kids. You're a man Kenny. Do you approve of men molesting kids then?"

    Air-tight logic at work there.
    Let me apply your logic to a random example: a plane went missing this morning. A plane is a thing - you're also a thing. Therefore you are missing.


  • Registered Users Posts: 6,913 ✭✭✭ Absolam


    Not sure if anyone has told you this, but the Pope is actually the leader of the church. So he could stop showing his loyalty & support to convicted paedophile priests if he wished. But he doesn't. He continues to finance them. Something you're totally fine with, and have purposefully avoided criticising.
    Not sure if anyone has told you this, but that doesn't make him the Church, any more than it makes the President Ireland. Nor have I told you what I'm fine with :) You're making a heck of a lot of stuff up here......
    Yeah, because Fr Touchy McFeely is a real priest and that was intended as a real story - you got me, detective.
    I knew it! I'm starting to suspect you haven't made a single honest statement in any of your posts...


  • Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭ Kenny Bania


    Absolam wrote: »
    Nor have I told you what I'm fine with :)

    Because you're afraid to admit it, since sympathising with paedos & their supporters is generally frowned upon. So do you support the pope or not? The guy who directly funds paedos & lets them live in the vatican city, consistently hates on gays, and in the article I posted, he stands by a French cardinal facing abuse cover-up claims. What a guy!

    But is he YOUR guy? You fine with the Pope and all he represents?
    Absolam wrote: »
    I'm starting to suspect you haven't made a single honest statement in any of your posts...

    I stated facts in every single one of my posts - substantiated facts, backed up with articles; except where I clearly made up the name of a priest called "Fr Touchy McFeely", which you seemed to think was serious & you called me on it. I understand you may be naive & gullible due to your beliefs, but I really didn't think you were that slow. "Hey - wait a second! That priest name sounds suspicious! I therefore question this story because I'm smart!!"


  • Registered Users Posts: 6,913 ✭✭✭ Absolam


    Because you're afraid to admit it, since sympathising with paedos & their supporters is generally frowned upon.
    Do you feel the need to tell everyone how they feel, or just the ones who ask you to provide evidence for your allegations?


  • Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭ Kenny Bania


    Absolam wrote: »
    Do you feel the need to tell everyone how they feel, or just the ones who ask you to provide evidence for your allegations?

    I asked you 6 times now - you've avoided answering every time.


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭ triple nipple


    100cent wrote:
    I did receive Jesus that day and have done on countless occassions since.


    Did he have a big weiner?


  • Registered Users Posts: 11,476 ✭✭✭✭ PopePalpatine


    Did he have a big weiner?

    Hey, nobody f*cks with the Jesus! :P


  • Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭ Kenny Bania


    Hey, nobody f*cks with the Jesus! :P

    True - he's a giver, not a taker.


  • Registered Users Posts: 6,913 ✭✭✭ Absolam


    I asked you 6 times now - you've avoided answering every time.
    Are you sure? Only the question in your last post was added five minutes after I replied to it. I do know this started with me asking you
    Absolam wrote: »
    Can you point to a specific occasion where he has defended anyone being a paedophile?
    And whilst I know you tried to redirect the conversation by coming up with some question of your own, I did say
    Absolam wrote: »
    Let's not hurry to skip over what we're discussing to address something completely new, eh? So... how about it? Can you point to a specific occasion where the Pope has defended anyone being a paedophile?
    So, if you'd like to admit you can't point to a specific occasion where the Pope has defended anyone being a paedophile I'm happy to move onto the next point, but until then I think we're still looking for an answer...


  • Registered Users Posts: 1,116 Trent Houseboat


    Serious question, can the pope just cut off convicted priests? Is papal infallibility still a thing(it came up on the Junior Cert)? Could he not just dictate that all paedophile priests are cut loose?


  • Registered Users Posts: 5,014 ✭✭✭ TheIrishGrover


    Are people just not aware that the Catholic Church molested 10's of 1000's of kids around the world and covered it up, or do they just not care?

    Why are people cool with kids being molested, especially being parents themselves? And I believe they must be "cool" with it, otherwise why would they voluntarily choose to associate with this very same organisation.
    I suspect the OP is trolling but I'll bite.

    Not only that but MILLIONS of people all over the world watch football EVERY WEEK. MILLIONS!!! Knowing that thousands of people have been molested by people involved in the football industry and that this has also been covered up to various degrees.

    My GOD, people even watch TELEVISION despite the fact that there were molesters in the BBC!!!!!

    Do you watch television? Are YOU OK with molestation?

    Do you watch football? Are YOU OK with rape?


    People have their beliefs. They believe in their god, they believe in their teachings and they are followers of their religion. They do not worship rapists and molestors. They worship their god. The organization is a human one with good and bad people.


  • Registered Users Posts: 11,640 ✭✭✭✭ meeeeh


    This thread is fun.


  • Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭ Kenny Bania


    @ Grover - Man, you really suck at analogies. Almost as bad as One Eyed Jack.

    People have their beliefs. They believe in their god, they believe in their teachings and they are followers of their religion. They do not worship rapists and molestors. They worship their god. The organization is a human one with good and bad people.
    But they don't just follow their religion - they voluntarily follow & associate with the organisation too. They attend the organisation when they go to mass or rituals. They give money to the organisation. They identify as part of that organisation, whether it be on the census or similar.

    I'd be fine with it if they actually separated the 2 - their faith & the RCC. But they don't. They're loyal to the organisation. As we can see here from posters such as One Eyed Jack & Absolam - they'll defend the RCC even if it means making wild claims & logical leaps. That's how indoctrinated they are. "paedos are men, and we are men - therefore we are all paedos" - this is the sort of gibberish people will actually trot out in an attempt to justify paedophilia. I asked Absolam 6 times if he supports the Pope providing pensions, housing, and private medical insurance to convicted paedophile priests - and he avoided giving an answer every time, preferring to answer the question with a question - one I already answered.

    The RCC is the largest worldwide paedophile ring ever discovered. Unless you know of another, I'm open to correction... Facts are facts. There has never been a bigger organised paedophile ring than the RCC (has there???). Yet people still associate with them - as if it's all totally cool.
    http://www.vatileaks.com/vati-leaks/pope-john-paul-iis-international-paedophile-ring-of-catholic-priests

    Isn't is amazing though, that the decrease in catholics in this country has come about since people were given more access to information & education & freethinking & ideas - basically, since internet access increased, the number of catholics in Ireland has decreased. I expect we'll be down from the 84% in the last census too. And within 10 years religion will be out of schools - we'll see how many make their communion then, when it's not as handy and has to be done on their own time.


  • Registered Users Posts: 5,014 ✭✭✭ TheIrishGrover


    @ Grover - Man, you really suck at analogies. Almost as bad as One Eyed Jack.



    But they don't just follow their religion - they voluntarily follow & associate with the organisation too. They attend the organisation when they go to mass or rituals. They give money to the organisation. They identify as part of that organisation, whether it be on the census or similar.

    I'd be fine with it if they actually separated the 2 - their faith & the RCC. But they don't. They're loyal to the organisation. As we can see here from posters such as One Eyed Jack & Absolam - they'll defend the RCC even if it means making wild claims & logical leaps. That's how indoctrinated they are. "paedos are men, and we are men - therefore we are all paedos" - this is the sort of gibberish people will actually trot out in an attempt to justify paedophilia. I asked Absolam 6 times if he supports the Pope providing pensions, housing, and private medical insurance to convicted paedophile priests - and he avoided giving an answer every time, preferring to answer the question with a question - one I already answered.

    The RCC is the largest worldwide paedophile ring ever discovered. Unless you know of another, I'm open to correction... Facts are facts. There has never been a bigger organised paedophile ring than the RCC (has there???). Yet people still associate with them - as if it's all totally cool.
    http://www.vatileaks.com/vati-leaks/pope-john-paul-iis-international-paedophile-ring-of-catholic-priests

    I stand by my analogy. You watch football I'm assuming, even after we see all the corruption at the highest levels. Even though it seems that every couple of weeks there are reports of assaults by footballers. You watch the sport, maybe at home, maybe in the pub or with friends, you support your team and get the strip every year or so? If so, then according to your logic, not only are you OK with their corruption and with their ignoring of the behaviour of their players, you are actively SUPPORTING this organization.

    You watch television I assume even though there was an active coverup by the powers that be at the time.

    Anyway, I'm assuming this is a troll thread and I've fed the troll more than I wanted.


  • Registered Users Posts: 6,913 ✭✭✭ Absolam


    As we can see here from posters such as One Eyed Jack & Absolam - they'll defend the RCC even if it means making wild claims & logical leaps. That's how indoctrinated they are.
    Or at least, posters here will make stuff up and attribute it to other posters to make it appear that they think they have something to say :D
    I asked Absolam 6 times if he supports the Pope providing pensions, housing, and private medical insurance to convicted paedophile priests - and he avoided giving an answer every time, preferring to answer the question with a question - one I already answered.
    You still haven't actually pointed to a specific occasion where the Pope has defended anyone being a paedophile, though. Remember? The very first question?
    Facts are facts.
    Can you show us those facts please? Not wild allegations from conspiricy theorists now... facts. Like you say, facts are facts! Like the facts that demonstrate the Pope defended someone being a paedophile. No?


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭ Kenny Bania


    I stand by my analogy. You watch football I'm assuming, even after we see all the corruption at the highest levels. Even though it seems that every couple of weeks there are reports of assaults by footballers. You watch the sport, maybe at home, maybe in the pub or with friends, you support your team and get the strip every year or so? If so, then according to your logic, not only are you OK with their corruption and with their ignoring of the behaviour of their players, you are actively SUPPORTING this organization.

    No, I don't watch football at all. Why assume that, and then go on to assume 10 more things after it like buying the strip, etc? You fell down at the first hurdle there.
    You watch television I assume even though there was an active coverup by the powers that be at the time.
    I watch TV, yeah - but who are these powers that be you refer to? Are you aware TV is a device and not an organisation? Are you referring to Samsung? Or Sky? Or RTE? Or Viacom? Sony? Panasonic? LG, perhaps? Your analogies really do suck.

    And what do you mean by "at the time"? At what time? The time I was watching TV? WTF are you even trying to say here? Just spit it out. Is this something to do with Saville? Who worked for the BBC. Which is not Irish. Which I don't watch. And is also not a TV - it's an organisation. An organisation that I don't support and have never given money to.

    You're out of your depth here, kid - best move along.


  • Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭ Kenny Bania


    Absolam wrote: »
    Can you show us those facts please? Not wild allegations from conspiricy theorists now... facts.

    It's my assertion that the RCC is the largest worldwide paedophile ring ever discovered. Unless you know of another, I'm open to correction. Do you know of another? If so, just tell us - a link to an article - anything. Or you can avoid that question, which seems to be a knack of yours.

    And I see you're still avoiding the main question I've asked you 7 times now re your support for King Paedo himself - a simple question that you can't seem to answer.


  • Registered Users Posts: 5,014 ✭✭✭ TheIrishGrover


    Don't feed the troll, folks


  • Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭ GT_TDI_150


    In my opinion and i dont participate in any relegion.... maki g your communion is 1000 time safer than going to rugby training.

    Ive no problem with my kids making their communion/confirmation (missus will want it)but i'll do all i can to make sure they dont end up playing rugby...


    Not alledging peodophillia at rugby clubs by the way ... brain injuries / repeat concussions scare the crap out of me


  • Registered Users Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭ lazygal


    GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    In my opinion and i dont participate in any relegion.... maki g your communion is 1000 time safer than going to rugby training.

    Ive no problem with my kids making their communion/confirmation (missus will want it)but i'll do all i can to make sure they dont end up playing rugby...
    Emmmm ok. Thanks for the heads up.


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭✭ TheExile1878


    It's my assertion that the RCC is the largest worldwide paedophile ring ever discovered. Unless you know of another, I'm open to correction. Do you know of another? If so, just tell us - a link to an article - anything. Or you can avoid that question, which seems to be a knack of yours.

    And I see you're still avoiding the main question I've asked you 7 times now re your support for King Paedo himself - a simple question that you can't seem to answer.

    King Paedo ?

    If you mean the Holy Father you're a disrespectful gob****e.


  • Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭ Kenny Bania


    King Paedo ?

    If you mean the Holy Father you're a disrespectful gob****e.

    He's not my father - he may be yours - could very well be, in fact.

    But yeah - King Paedo - the leader of the world largest paedophile ring. Do you know of a larger paedophile ring? If not, then the title fits Francis for now.

    Correct me where I'm wrong, by all means. I welcome it. If you know of a larger paedophile ring, I'll retract my statement & apologise for calling him King Paedo. Larger paedophile ring than the RCC - anyone know of any?? Anyone?


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭✭ TheExile1878


    He's not my father - he may be yours - could very well be, in fact.

    But yeah - King Paedo - the leader of the world largest paedophile ring. Do you know of a larger paedophile ring? If not, then the title fits Francis for now.

    Correct me where I'm wrong, by all means. I welcome it. If you know of a larger paedophile ring, I'll retract my statement & apologise for calling him King Paedo. Larger paedophile ring than the RCC - anyone know of any?? Anyone?

    You and your mates possibly ?

    Or right, silly me - you clearly spend all your days alone under a bridge.


  • Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭ Kenny Bania


    You and your mates possibly ?

    I'd have to have 1000's of mates for that to even be possible. Want to try again?


  • Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭✭ TheExile1878


    I'd have to have 1000's of mates for that to even be possible. Want to try again?

    Sarcasm not your strong suit clearly.


Advertisement