Advertisement
We've partnered up with Nixers.com to offer a space where you can talk directly to Peter from Nixers.com and get an exclusive Boards.ie discount code for a free job listing. If you are recruiting or know anyone else who is please check out the forum here.
If you have a new account but can't post, please email Niamh on [email protected] for help to verify your email address. Thanks :)

Free accounting advice

• 09-05-2016 10:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭ Ethan.Saaris

Does anyone know any free/voluntary accountants for the setup of a small self-employed business?

I only need help with filling the registration form and the basics of tax returning.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,399 ✭✭✭✭ CIARAN_BOYLE

Does anyone know any free/voluntary accountants for the setup of a small self-employed business?

I only need help with filling the registration form and the basics of tax returning.

Best I can do is give you details of accountants that would have a meeting with you explaining the basics in the hope that it would motivate you to hire an accountant (namely them) going forward

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭ Ethan.Saaris

Best I can do is give you details of accountants that would have a meeting with you explaining the basics in the hope that it would motivate you to hire an accountant (namely them) going forward

Yeah, I know lots of them offer free 1-hour consultations. I remember reading somewhere about students or voluntaries.

• Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭ howardmarks

Sole trader or limited company? Why not ask here? If it's just the basics of completing forms I can probably answer most of the questions.
    That said a 'good' accountant will save you money long term. Please note the emphasis on good:)

Sole trader or limited company? Why not ask here? If it's just the basics of completing forms I can probably answer most of the questions.
    That said a 'good' accountant will save you money long term. Please note the emphasis on good:)

Sole trader, web programming, less than 2K/year.

I know about saving money long term, I just need to get there. I'm non-Irish and I'm not familiar with all legal aspects of starting a sole trading business.

• Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭ howardmarks

Sole trader, web programming, less than 2K/year.

I know about saving money long term, I just need to get there. I'm non-Irish and I'm not familiar with all legal aspects of starting a sole trading business.

PM me if you like. If you have paye employee income and only 2k per annum self employed income you may not have to register for income tax and can have the income taxed through coding into your annual certificate of tax credits.

• Advertisement

PM me if you like.

PM sent. Thanks!

Advertisement