Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Am I the landlord?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,055 ✭✭✭Emme

OP, don't waste time on Boards. Get proper legal advice ASAP.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,809 ✭✭✭Speedwell

the_syco wrote: »
    The gf's brother has labeled you as the landlord, and him as the collector of rent. If anything goes sideways, the gf's brother will probably let you hang for it.

Oh, and consider did he tell you about the tenants, or did you only find out when you got there? If the latter, I'd wonder what else he hasn't told you?

Years ago while I was living in the US, I allowed my best friend's adult son to stay in my apartment while I was away on a six-week business trip because he was getting kicked out of his college apartment "for not being able to pay the rent" and I wanted someone around the place.

While I was away, he stole my checkbook and wrote checks to himself (which is how they knew it was him), stole a legally owned handgun that I had hidden in the very bottom of a large moving box full to the top of sewing fabric, invited his druggie friends over to do crystal meth and party in my apartment, left the place filthy, and half-starved my poor cats. The police said there was nothing they could do about anything but the check fraud (even about the stolen gun) because I had let him stay voluntarily. It turned out that he had been kicked out of his own apartment for dealing drugs.

It cost me five hundred dollars to clean and repair the apartment, three hundred dollars in stolen money and the hassle of dealing with my bank, a four hundred dollar handgun, several hundred dollars of other stolen articles, three thousand dollars in vet bills, and a best friend by the time everything was back to normal.

• Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭lollsangel

What's does your gf think of her brothers behaviour? (I think I'd be evicting him at the very least the cheeky $$$$@#

• Registered Users Posts: 964 ✭✭✭eurokev

You couldn't make this up. This can't be true surely

• Registered Users Posts: 28,647 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Far too many issues for the OP here, not to mention being taken by a fool by the GF's brother.

Kick them all out would be my advice at this stage TBH and start over with a proper LL/Tenant arrangement if you want someone in the place.

• Advertisement
Advertisement