Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Moving to the City Looking for desk or coworking space

• 03-05-2016 11:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 45

Hi All,
    So my family are moving to the Waterford from Dublin to be closer to our families. My wife is from Faithlegg and I'm from Wexford.

I work for a company in Wicklow doing IT and I will be teleworking and commuting a few days ervery other week and I am wondering if anyone knows of any coworking space or somewhere I could use a desk for the days I am teleworking.

I like working from home but I have done it before and if there is long periods in an office on your own it can get pretty lonely. I am looking for something casual that I can use when I am around. I have looked up some coworking spaces but they all seem to be aimed and people starting their own business. Thats not what I am doing. I just need a desk that is not isolated and somewhere I might get to know some likeminded people..

If none of the above makes sense I apologise.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Max Powers

Hi All,
    So my family are moving to the Waterford from Dublin to be closer to our families. My wife is from Faithlegg and I'm from Wexford.

I work for a company in Wicklow doing IT and I will be teleworking and commuting a few days ervery other week and I am wondering if anyone knows of any coworking space or somewhere I could use a desk for the days I am teleworking.

I like working from home but I have done it before and if there is long periods in an office on your own it can get pretty lonely. I am looking for something casual that I can use when I am around. I have looked up some coworking spaces but they all seem to be aimed and people starting their own business. Thats not what I am doing. I just need a desk that is not isolated and somewhere I might get to know some likeminded people..

If none of the above makes sense I apologise.

Try city council enterprise board.
    Fumbally exchange on quays.

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭The Bowling Alley

• Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭Ballyv24

• Registered Users Posts: 45 shadowman.ie

Thanks guys,

Have you used any of these places. What are they like. Do they have a good atmosphere. Are they expensive?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭Deise Vu

Thanks guys,

Have you used any of these places. What are they like. Do they have a good atmosphere. Are they expensive?

My brother in law uses the fumbally (?) one. I know he had no complaints and goes for a pint with his "workmates" on a Friday. I think they had a Xmas do also. Don't know if that helps.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45 shadowman.ie

Thanks everyone. I'll look into those

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

I'd almost swear there's also a co-working space above the restaurant on William St. Maybe someone can remember what it's called. Failing that, the OP could call the restaurant and ask (the restaurant is called something like No 21, or Twenty-Two, I forget exactly).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭dartboardio

Boxworks on Patrick St.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Emanine

There are currently 4 co-working spaces if i recall correctly,

Boxworks on Patrick Street
    Boxworks 2 at Wyse Park
    Fumbally Exchange in the Viking Triangle
    WorkLAB in IDA Industrial Estate

Advertisement