Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Radiohead - 'A Moon Shaped Pool'

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,668 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

I suspect the delayed release was punishment for Spotify's stance on ad-supported streaming.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

A Radiohead day in record stores on June 17th.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,215 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

loyatemu wrote: »
    I see "In Rainbows" has now appeared on Spotify for the first time. I assume AMSP will appear in due course.

17th June.

Just saw many saw same.

I'm a subscriber to Buxton's podcast anyway but for those that aren't, interview with Johnny Greenwood:

http://pitchfork.com/news/66005-radioheads-jonny-greenwood-talks-a-moon-shaped-pool-pixies-pavement-more-in-new-interview/?mbid=social_twitter

Also, his previous one with Marc Riley is well worth a listen.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,927 ✭✭✭keith_d99

loyatemu wrote: »
    I see "In Rainbows" has now appeared on Spotify for the first time. I assume AMSP will appear in due course.

Friday ....

• Advertisement

Birneybau wrote: »
    I'm a subscriber to Buxton's podcast anyway but for those that aren't, interview with Johnny Greenwood:

Excellent interview. Buxton talked a bit too much for my liking but Johnny is such a charming person, and humble.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭donaghs

A Radiohead day in record stores on June 17th.

Not so good news from Istanbul. Record store trashed and Radiohead fans beaten to a pulp for breaking the Ramadan fast.
    https://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/jun/18/turkish-radiohead-fans-attacked-istanbul

Anyone go to a record store day here? Was planning on going to the one in Tower Records during my lunch break but an unforeseen emergency lunchtime dash home left me with no time to check it out. :( Saw a good few people walking around with Tower Records bags later, I instantly assumed they had Radiohead-related stuff and gave them my coldest, hardest glare of envy.*

*well, not really. In case they saw me. But I was glaring on the inside.....

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Thought I missed out on the limited edition white vinyl, so I just grabbed it in Golden Discs. Got home to realise I was one of the 9000.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,177 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

Anyone go to a record store day here? Was planning on going to the one in Tower Records during my lunch break but an unforeseen emergency lunchtime dash home left me with no time to check it out. :( Saw a good few people walking around with Tower Records bags later, I instantly assumed they had Radiohead-related stuff and gave them my coldest, hardest glare of envy.*

*well, not really. In case they saw me. But I was glaring on the inside.....
    Went down to Tower on my lunch break on Friday. There was nothing happening there to suggest it was Radiohead day. They weren't even playing the new album when I was there.

• Advertisement

Billy Mays wrote: »
    Went down to Tower on my lunch break on Friday. There was nothing happening there to suggest it was Radiohead day. They weren't even playing the new album when I was there.

Yeah, they seemed to have some in store gig/release from some band I'd never heard of at 6...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭6am7f9zxrsjvnb

Grayditch wrote: »
    Thought I missed out on the limited edition white vinyl, so I just grabbed it in Golden Discs. Got home to realise I was one of the 9000.

Does your copy sound as noisy and distorted as mine?
    After such a shrewdly executed marketing campaign,it's quite something that the actual records are of piss poor quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Does your copy sound as noisy and distorted as mine?
    After such a shrewdly executed marketing campaign,it's quite something that the actual records are of piss poor quality.

I haven't played it yet. Anything but black vinyl isn't going to sound as good, so I haven't made up my mind what to do with it. Sell it to a collector and just get my own regular copy, maybe.

I was actually happy in a way thinking I'd missed out on the limited edition, so I wouldn't have this problem. I'm the kind of person that doesn't normally keep unopened records, I play the limited editions/picture discs when I get them.

Considering how good all their record sound, it's disappointing to hear this isn't good.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,668 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

For anyone who missed it, the band played Let Down in New York last week. The first time they have played it in 10 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Recognition Scene

They played it when I saw them in San Francisco a few days ago too! :D

They played it when I saw them in San Francisco a few days ago too! :D

What is your review of the show?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,348 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Jealous!! Reopens the possibility of me seeing it live at some stage though.

It's my Holy grail of songs to see live.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,377 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Its a great tune on the cd but didn't strike me as being all that in a live setting.
    Although I had never heard it beforehand.
    Can't believe it has been 20 years since that gig in the Olympia on the Bends tour.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,264 ✭✭✭NapoleonInRags

For anyone who missed it, the band played Let Down in New York last week. The first time they have played it in 10 years.

Lol, I love the guy at 21 seconds shouting 'what??!!'....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,157 ✭✭✭Sappy404

Has anyone ordered the special edition of AMSP? I got a shipping confirmation and tracking number last week but the tracking link just brings me to a google search of the tracking number and there's no reference to any courier or delivery company. Nothing on 17track.net.

• Advertisement

Sappy404 wrote: »
    Has anyone ordered the special edition of AMSP? I got a shipping confirmation and tracking number last week but the tracking link just brings me to a google search of the tracking number and there's no reference to any courier or delivery company. Nothing on 17track.net.

Try pasting the tracking number in here.

https://emea.netdespatch.com/mba/79892x0/login/

They are very slow. Mine only showed as accepted by courier today.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,157 ✭✭✭Sappy404

Try pasting the tracking number in here.

https://emea.netdespatch.com/mba/79892x0/login/

They are very slow. Mine only showed as accepted by courier today.

Update today (dated yesterday) says Out for Delivery so I'm expecting it today. Some have been getting 2 copies in their orders by accident so I wonder if I'll get a spare...

Mine only just changed to "en route / Read to ship" even though I got a shipping notification last week.

I love the band but for 76 euro they could have spent a bit extra for a proper courier.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,723 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

When i put in the tracking number for mine it's saying the following:

Date / Time
    Event
    Data
    23-Sep-2016 14:23
    Booked
    Asendia Kempston

Is this the status prior to "en route / Read to ship"?

When i put in the tracking number for mine it's saying the following:

Date / Time
    Event
    Data
    23-Sep-2016 14:23
    Booked
    Asendia Kempston

Is this the status prior to "en route / Read to ship"?

Yeah, it should eventually change to Accepted, then Ready to ship, then shipped, and I dunno after that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

Lucky enough to have seen them in 1997, early 00s on the HTTT tour and for the In Rainbows tour, so have seen the ones they "don't play anymore" over the years. (Let Down amongst others)

When I saw them in 97, OK Computer wasn't long out. It was at a festival in France. Looking back, hearing those songs that were very new to me and unfamiliar, seems odd now for an album I have listened to so many times over the years. That's the joy of music! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Recognition Scene

My special edition arrived today, not had a chance to crack it open yet.

Anyone else not received their Special Edition yet??

Anyone else not received their Special Edition yet??

I got mine yesterday following a missed delivery on Thursday.

What's the tracking saying?

• Advertisement

I got mine yesterday following a missed delivery on Thursday.

What's the tracking saying?

"En route Shipped"

Advertisement