Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Issue with Home Security System

Options
  • 28-04-2016 2:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭

Hi

Just looking for a bit of advice, I've had an issue with my home security system and I've attempted unsuccessfully to get the original installer to rectify the issue. He has moved company and I am wondering how I get a hold of the installation code which he alone has and which up to this stage he has not been forthcoming with. Upon request of same he promised me he'd get a colleague to sort the issue.

Selig

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

You could try a default & reprogramme of the system but if hes that protective of it he may have it engineer locked?
    What make of system is it?
    Unfortunately we are no longer allowed help you here with engineer codes but may be able to give you some guidance on your best options.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

KoolKid wrote: »
    You could try a default & reprogramme of the system but if hes that protective of it he may have it engineer locked?
    What make of system is it?
    Unfortunately we are no longer allowed help you here with engineer codes but may be able to give you some guidance on your best options.

Thanks for the reply.It is a powermax plus(VISIONIC) wireless alarm control system.I believe it is is engineer locked.It would be great if there was a factory reset mechanism or means to default and reprogramme the system...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

seligehgit wrote: »
    Thanks for the reply.It is a powermax plus(VISIONIC) wireless alarm control system.I believe it is is engineer locked.It would be great if there was a factory reset mechanism or means to default and reprogramme the system...

Get an installation company out who can reset it for you. It will save you a lot of heartache.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

I'll PM you the manual.
    There is a default option in that . You may have to learn in all the devices & reprogramme everything. Have a look over it & see what you think. The terminology in the programming of these systems is not the easiest.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 joeymcmahon

Hi was wondering how to turn down volume on hkc 6/10. Entry exit beep and voice..
    Thanks

• Advertisement
Advertisement