Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

RIP Chyna

  • 21-04-2016 6:09am
    #1
    Registered Users Posts: 11,973 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno


    Rip Chyna. Only 45


«13

Comments

  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,561 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter


    eh i dunno wrote: »
    Rip Chyna. Only 46

    Jaysus... poor woman had many problems and im reading "investigating as a possible overdose" but still..

    RIP far too young and unfortunately we now have a new thread title


  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Straight Edge Punk


    Chyna passed away last night. Whatever about her career in the last few years, she was a trail blazer in the business and I really hope they do something to honor her on Monday night, she deserves it.


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭ Kannon Brave Gunshot


    Source?


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭ Kannon Brave Gunshot


    Chyna passed away last night. Whatever about her career in the last few years, she was a trail blazer in the business and I really hope they do something to honor her on Monday night, she deserves it.

    Link? How'd she pass? Drugs?


  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,561 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter


    lots, just type Chyna into google...

    Chyna, Former WWE Superstar, Dies at Age 45
    - From bleacher is one of the top ones for example


  • Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Straight Edge Punk


    MrMac84 wrote: »
    Source?

    It's everywhere unfortunately


  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,221 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody


    MrMac84 wrote: »
    Link? How'd she pass? Drugs?
    Legal by the looks of it.
    We've learned she was in her apartment in Redondo Beach, CA ... south of L.A. -- and police got the call around 7:30 PM. Our law enforcement sources say she had not been seen or heard from for a few days. A friend went to check on her today and found her unresponsive in the bedroom of her home and made the call to police.

    Officers are on scene right now. We're told they are investigating as a possible overdose, due mainly to her history with drugs. Prescription bottles were found in the home, but there were no illegal drugs ... according to our sources.

    Cops say there are no signs of foul play.


  • Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd


    Christ, thats a shock.

    Part of me was expecting the comeback, the Redemption story. What sad, sad turnaround


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle


    What utterly sad news.

    She is right up there with the likes of Hogan et al for changing the business forever.


  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,562 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc


    What utterly sad news.

    She is right up there with the likes of Hogan et al for changing the business forever.

    It's a shame WWE prob won't even acknowledge her death and her career on screen either.


  • Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,302 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC


    Loughc wrote: »
    It's a shame WWE prob won't even acknowledge her death and her career on screen either.

    Already have an article up on WWE.com about it, and Steph has tweeted her condolences. Because of how relatively recent she was, and the fact her peak came along with the Attitude Era, this is getting a tonne of steam on news sites. Think we'll get at least a "In memorium" graphic to start Raw.


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Chain Smoker


    Loughc wrote: »
    It's a shame WWE prob won't even acknowledge her death and her career on screen either.
    Stephanie tweeted about it there so I wouldn't be so sure. To be honest though, I can see why they might not acknowledge it on screen.


    The Hogan comparison above is ludicrous but she was a very big figure in the industry's absolute peak. The kind of person who probably would've been far better off never being involved in the business irregardless of the absolutely awful way she fell out of it. :(


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle


    Stephanie tweeted about it there so I wouldn't be so sure. To be honest though, I can see why they might not acknowledge it on screen.


    The Hogan comparison above is ludicrous but she was a very big figure in the industry's absolute peak. The kind of person who probably would've been far better off never being involved in the business irregardless of the absolutely awful way she fell out of it. :(

    I ment for women's wrestling in comparison to Hogan and men's wrestling, didn't think it needed to be spelled out tbh.


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Chain Smoker


    Right, well, I disagree but obviously it's not the right time for me to be arguing this so I'll leave it at that.


  • Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab


    Only 45. It's a shame that now, if WWE ever decide to properly pay tribute to how important she was to women's wrestling, she will never see it. Say what you will about everything post WWE, she was a real trailblazer in the sport.


  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Straight Edge Punk


    Right, well, I disagree but obviously it's not the right time for me to be arguing this so I'll leave it at that.

    She completely changed womens wrestling, she won the IC title remember. In an era of bra and panties matches she was more than capable of holding her own in feuds against Jericho and Eddie.


  • Registered Users Posts: 16,895 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030


    Definitely deserved induction into the hall of fame, sad she won't see it while alive. The reason given for her omission will look a bit rich once xpac and bubbah dudley both go in...


  • Registered Users Posts: 9,065 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger


    Sad to hear the news. I don't watch wrestling anymore but Chyna was part of the golden age as far as I'm concerned. The late 90s had the best stories, characters and moments in WWE history.


  • Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭Bunny Colvin


    Have to say, I'm very shocked to hear this. I watched a few shoot interviews Tuesday on Chromecast and her interview with Vince Russo came up, which then auto played a few more of her videos! She seemed to be doing alright in her recent videos compared to the earlier ones.

    She had a tough time of it! I don't think anyone would find it easy, the way HHH and Steph publicly got together, it seemed to really mess her up and she then went down a bad path. There was also a documentary being made of her, it will be interesting to see if that ever comes out now!

    R.I.P Chyna


  • Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_


    Taken from Mick Foley's Facebook page..
    GOODBYE JOANIE
    My heart is aching. My eyes are swollen from crying, having just talked to Joan Laurer's manager Anthony Anzaldo on the phone and been told that Chyna, the 9th Wonder of the World was no longer with us; gone at only 45.
    I will always be grateful for the friendship I shared with her, but particularly so for the kindness she showed my children, especially Noelle when she was younger - taking her by the hand at WWE events in the late 90's - off to have her makeup done, her fingernails painted; bonding time between big, strong Joanie, and her tiny sidekick. A father doesn't forget that type of kindness.
    I didn't know whether to post a classic photo of Chyna in her WWE prime or of Joanie from the last time I saw her - about 10 months ago at a convention on Long Island. I went with the photo from the convention because of the emotion; because it was taken at the exact moment I saw her for the first time in many years. I was told later that Joanie wasn't sure how I would react to her, and that it meant a great deal to be accepted. Like I said, a father doesn't forget. I called home on my way back from the convention – only about 40 minutes from my house. "I'm bringing a friend over to watch the pay-per-view" I said to my wife.
    "Who's that?", my wife asked.
    "Chyna"
    "Chyna?"
    "Yeah, Chyna!"
    And that was pretty much that. A mother, you see, doesn't forget the kindness shown to her child, either.
    I am so glad we had that night with Joanie. A night to let her know how much we cared about her, whether it was politically correct or not. A night to let her know we loved her -and always will. RIP my dear friend. I pray that somehow in death, you can find the peace that eluded you so frequently during the latter years of your remarkable life.
    Please feel free to share your favorite Chyna memory.


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop


    Neil3030 wrote: »
    Definitely deserved induction into the hall of fame, sad she won't see it while alive. The reason given for her omission will look a bit rich once xpac and bubbah dudley both go in...

    I know hhh said the porn video was the reason but was that just an easy excuse? Was it a case of her ripping on the company or not wanting it, as every one said she more than deserves the hof,


  • Registered Users Posts: 28,668 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy


    Brother just told me this morning. I just started watching WWF again at the tail end of her career there but I know the impact she had.
    Sad that her last few years turned out the way they did and I kind of don't want a posthumous HoF entry for her after them making excuses for not doing it before now. She may deserve it but doing it now seems like she only got in because she died and not just for her career


  • Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭nkav86


    Hococop wrote:
    I know hhh said the porn video was the reason but was that just an easy excuse? Was it a case of her ripping on the company or not wanting it, as every one said she more than deserves the hof,


    That reason always annoyed me, he doesn't want kids to be able to Google her and bring up porn. For a start porn is everywhere, if kids Google you they get a video of a guy humping a coffin, the godfather was a pimp and edge/lita had a bed in the ring! She deserved the HOF no matter what, I'm devastated she's gone.


  • Registered Users Posts: 39,284 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy


    Really sad news about chyna as the last few months the tweets I saw of hers it all seemed so positive and happy and her life seemed so good.

    RIP Chyna


  • Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd


    Mick Foley has a fantastic way with words. Really lovely tribute


  • Registered Users Posts: 10,799 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve


    Jaysus was only watching a VICE interview with her last night about teaching in japan...

    Sad news. Regardless of anything outside the ring, she certainly blazed a trail and was unique.

    RIP Joanie.


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 305 ✭✭Imnotthehulk


    Very sad. Very young. Seemed to be getting back on track after so many years as a troubled soul.


  • Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭Bret Hart


    RIP Chyna. I hope they'll finally stop playing politics and put her in the HOF,she should have been inducted years ago.


  • Registered Users Posts: 5,832 ✭✭✭happyoutscan


    Very sad and Mick's words were so poignant. He's obviously devastated.

    It really is an industry that can f*ck up so many people.


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭seandotcomm


    Very sad news. I was worried when she no-showed her appearances during WM week in Dallas.
    a true Legend


Advertisement