Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

PSNI Recruitment 1509 Campaign

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭PCWannabe

I can see people running down the street chasing their post men and women haha!

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭LadyABC

I just received Vetting forms too! Freaking out.... I can't run the length of myself, please please let there be a massive delay on PCA *wails*

I'll chase my postman down the street to take mine back lol *denial*

• Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭shanevendrell

Glad to see the ball rolling as I'm only in this campaign, but feel genuinely gutted for those in 1405 with scores of 60/61/62 who haven't received their forms yet. Must be soul destroying.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭yet another lurker

Just got my vetting forms also.

I wouldn't panic about The PCA folks.

Firstly it isn't that difficult.

Secondly they allow plenty of time to prepare. You even get a couple of weeks notice for a familiarisation day.

I would imagine they've sent out vetting forms so they can get a start on the first couple of intakes from September. Vetting can take ages and it makes perfect sense to send them out now.

• Advertisement

Just got my vetting forms also.

I wouldn't panic about The PCA folks.

Firstly it isn't that difficult.

Secondly they allow plenty of time to prepare. You even get a couple of weeks notice for a familiarisation day.

I would imagine they've sent out vetting forms for they can get a start on the first couple of intakes from September. Vetting can take ages and it makes perfect sense to send them out now.
    Add your reply here.

Thankyou for this!

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭Bunsen1burner

LadyABC wrote: »
    Add your reply here.

Thankyou for this!

We can do this!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 36 RTGeorge8910

Nothing in the post today. I am in the 70-80 bracket so doesn't seem they are sending vetting out in order of merit.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Redboy12345

I'm in the 80-90 bracket and no forms either, we will know by tomorrow or Friday.
    Nothing in the post today. I am in the 70-80 bracket so doesn't seem they are sending vetting out in order of merit.
    Add your reply here.

• Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭shanevendrell

Is there any chance this is being done on location of candidates in terms of operational needs or definitely done by AC scores because at the minute it seems random as hell as to who is receiving what?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17 Ejb1788

I don't think anyone can guess how this is all being processed. I think we all need to just take it as it comes instead of annoying ourselves trying to figure it all out. Concentrate on our fitness and just stay positive! (Easier said than done I know!!)

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭swl33t

How does it work? Would we be based where we're from or outside of home location?

swl33t wrote: »
    How does it work? Would we be based where we're from or outside of home location?
    Add your reply here.
    No. When you join you sign up to be posted anywhere in Northern Ireland. They will consider any welfare issues you may have but it will not necessarily make a difference.
    Also there are night shifts.. Not optional :p

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭MikeOneJuliet

Is there any chance this is being done on location of candidates in terms of operational needs or definitely done by AC scores because at the minute it seems random as hell as to who is receiving what?

Location of candidates has nothing to do with it. Successful applicants will be sent to a station based on operational need so it doesn't matter where you're from.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Redboy12345

I'd imagine there will be a few more forms received tomorrow. Has anyone received a form today; that didn't recieve a letter saying their application was being processed last week?

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Ejb1788

Got my vetting forms today too and letter on Saturday!

I'd imagine there will be a few more forms received tomorrow. Has anyone received a form today; that didn't recieve a letter saying their application was being processed last week?
    Add your reply here.
    I received mine today. I hadn't received the letter prior. However I had called and was told it had been sent. Was resent today infact as I called again.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭alphaquebec4

Is there any info on how many people scored between 65-69?

• Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Johannes_Cabal

Is there any info on how many people scored between 65-69?

There's an FOI request in that asks what the lowest AC to receive a letter so far is.

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭swl33t

We all need to take a deep breath and remember its not even been two weeks since results, i'm sure we'll get whats required when we're supposed to.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭Jmac21

Hey there guys first one post for me! Has anyone any idea when the first intake will be? Or has there been a date talked about ? Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Barkly

Jmac21 wrote: »
    Hey there guys first one post for me! Has anyone any idea when the first intake will be? Or has there been a date talked about ? Thanks!

I'm led to believe it's September by a friend in GV at the minute...trusted source but I'd just take it as a guideline for now :D

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭Jmac21

Barkly wrote: »
    Jmac21 wrote: »

I'm led to believe it's September by a friend in GV at the minute...trusted source but I'd just take it as a guideline for now :D

I've a friend in GV currently and he said he heard August sometime! Have a holiday booked for end of August start or September so can probably kiss that goodbye lol

• Registered Users Posts: 17 sourapples

Hey guys first post I scored 60-65, well done to all those who have passed!!

Just wondering as I'm reading through and seeing people have received forms/letters, has anyone with a similar score to mine received anything? I have received nothing so far unfortunately.
    Thanks in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Johannes_Cabal

sourapples wrote: »
    Hey guys first post I scored 60-65, well done to all those who have passed!!

Just wondering as I'm reading through and seeing people have received forms/letters, has anyone with a similar score to mine received anything? I have received nothing so far unfortunately.
    Thanks in advance

Nope, I'm in the same range of scores as you. It seems it's folks who scored high 60's and up that have received correspondence.

We will hear in time, just need to stay on top of fitness and stay out of trouble.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 sourapples

Nope, I'm in the same range of scores as you. It seems it's folks who scored high 60's and up that have received correspondence.

We will hear in time, just need to stay on top of fitness and stay out of trouble.

Good to know I'm not alone I was worrying a bit lol just need to be patient now.

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭jwhdkl5736

Letter on Friday and vetting forms today! I've waited for so long and now all this all at once! I feel like I'm going to be sick with anxiety!

• Registered Users Posts: 4 deane_152

Hi guys. first time posting. Scored 70-80. I received a letter on Friday there and heard that some people received their vetting papers today. I take take it some people haven't received theirs yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Momc82

I scored high 60's and have received nothing. Anyone in the same boat as me??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭jwhdkl5736

Momc82 wrote: »
    I scored high 60's and have received nothing. Anyone in the same boat as me??
    I was mid 60's and received mine so I imagine it's just the postal system... It's nothing to get excited about! Trust me.

Advertisement