Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Ireland 500/1 for Eurovision

Options
  • 14-04-2016 9:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,943 ✭✭✭

I've made a bit in previous years backing countries to lay in running, and planned to do the same with Ireland this year. The price was an incredible 500/1 (currently 430/1 or so).

Anyone got any idea why it's quite so big? I get that they won't win, but surely coming into 50/1 isn't out of the question on the night?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

Did you say you were going to back or lay against Ire?

See the other thread here: I'm expecting it to have a good chance to place in the top 4, the other top 5 will be Malta, Latvia, maybe Russia. France, Spain & Germany should do well also (top 10).

Best price to win (enhanced) is around 300/1, e/w at 150/1, worst prices 50/1(x2) 66/1(x2). It opened at around 26/1.
    To risk 500 notes laying against it, for a potential profit of '1' seems a bit incomprehensible.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,943 ✭✭✭3DataModem

I've backed it at 500 with the intent of laying it off when it shortens.

That's a nice price, only around 300 today.
    Essentially most prices likely will shorten over the next few weeks as interest increases, 1m so far matched on BFE.

Top10 position is a safe-ish market e.g. Latvia 1.5, Malta 2.8, Chez 2.2, Spain has a chance 2.8, Germany 6.4, Ire 20.

Overrated, yet high in the top 10 leaderboard are: Ukraine, Sweden, Serbia, all worth laying.
    Also: Croatia's version of Ellie Goulding making a lighthouse coastal tourism track/video.
    San Marino's singer needs a few strong expressos and/or medical attention.

The UK's entry may solely be responsible for inflaming a midsummer's Brexit reaction due to nul points.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭mansize

you can't lay in running if we don't get out of the semi- our song is dreadful, but the west life thing might get us into the final.

Sweden looking strong again

You would never buy the Ire record, but for it's intended environment it's perfectly suited and very well crafted.

Sweden's lacking substance, layering and any musical depth, some negative reviews. Then again that writer likes Croatia's - don't listen to it, else you'll be singing about lighthouses for weeks on end.

• Advertisement
Advertisement