Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Imagine Broadband (LTE)

Options
  • 08-04-2016 3:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,683 ✭✭✭

Has anyone tried the (new) Imagine LTE service available in Wexford. I believe they have a mast on the Forth Mountain. Any reports on speeds, service levels etc?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Eldrew

Filled in form on line, got email saying someone one be in touch in a couple of days. That was two weeks ago #unreliable.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,683 ✭✭✭jd

Eldrew wrote: »
    Filled in form on line, got email saying someone one be in touch in a couple of days. That was two weeks ago #unreliable.

I got couple of calls from them, but we haven't committed. They say they'll be limited to 400, and 150 have already called them.

I'd follow up on 01-4375161 in case email was "lost"

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭RamblingRuairi

Would be interested to hear how ye get on with Imagine.

Anyone have any experience with Imagine LTE in North Cork?

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭redfacedbear

Would be interested to hear how ye get on with Imagine.

Anyone have any experience with Imagine LTE in North Cork?

There's someone on the Broadband forum in North Cork who is happy with the service.

As with any wireless service I would presume it will work fine while small numbers are connected but as numbers grow, you are going to see speeds take a dip.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Redcody

Have been contacted by Imagine re this service - interested to hear any feedback. It's just launched in Listowel. Will cost E350 to get out of existing satellite contract so if anyone has experience of this new system it would be appreciated.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭robert muldoon

Redcody wrote: »
    Have been contacted by Imagine re this service - interested to hear any feedback. It's just launched in Listowel. Will cost E350 to get out of existing satellite contract so if anyone has experience of this new system it would be appreciated.

They have just come into our area near kilcullen co Kildare . Have signed up but they won't be live until end of August
    There is some bad mouthing going on with other wireless providers in the area, saying they have no licence yet.I doubt if they would put signs all over the place if they don't have a licence - will check that one out

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Komon

Just got it in in Wexford and not impressed so far. Average download speeds of 10 Mbps. I think the 70 Mbps is a myth!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭d31b0y

Big thread here (http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057558377) about Imagine's LTE service. Most people seem to have a good reliable service at this stage. Plenty of people reporting speeds in excess of the 70 Mb. I'd be inclined to get onto support if you are only getting 10.

Don't have the service myself but will be switching soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,410 ✭✭✭sparkling sea

Just for your info

http://totalwireless.ie/packages/index.html

ackage C: Up to 6.5Mb download, 1.5Mb upload speed - €45 per month
    Hi Speed packages: (may not be available in all areas yet, upgrade fee may apply)
    Package D: Up to 8Mb download, 1Mb upload speed - €40 per month
    Package E: Up to 10Mb download, 1Mb upload - €42 per month, 2 Mb upload option €47
    Package F: up to 20Mb download, 1.5Mb upload - €48 per month
    Package G: up to 30Mb download, 2 Mb upload - €58 per month

• Registered Users Posts: 7 ollie247

Hi,

Just spent almost an hour in the rabbit hole that is this thread.

I can see plenty of people have issues in this thread, but thats the nature of threads -people with bad experience always speak out, look for help, whereas the people having good service are blissfully unawares... so you don;t always get the right picture when researching.

Landline/Fibre is not an option in my location, and my current provider is only OK.

I am considering moving to Imagine as their data rates look good, and option of "landline" is a plus for us. I was told I am a 'good candidate' as I am within 10K of the Sliabh Bhui mast in Askamore. And, it is not at full capacity of 400 yet (I've no idea how many)

So, I have 2 questions:
    1. Is there anyone else on this thread who is specifically on that transmission mast that is having a good OR bad experience? Or can someone point me to a thread/comment where it is discussed.

2. How 'bout the phone line - is anyone using it as a home phone, is it good/reliable even at 9pm when most people are streaming their hearts out?

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭d31b0y

Honestly, you'd be better off asking on the main thread.

I'm not on the same mast as you but I'm not far away. Speeds are still reasonable (15 - 20 Mbps at peak times). I am, however, in a FTTH roleout area so I suspect that will keep numbers of people connecting to Imagine down.

I don't use the phoneline but I don't think it's anything to worry about. Voice data maxes out around 100kbps so the only way you are going to run into issues with it is if your internet connection itself is faulty.

Just a couple of points;
    1. They will insist that the cooling off period is 14 days from order. It's not, it's 14 days from install so if you have issues after install, push them on it.
    2. 20GB per day is not a massive amount of data. Be sure it suits your needs.

I streamed TV all day last weekend at 720p and ran out of data at around 9pm. Game updates etc. will scupper you. Be sure to use the night time quota (50GB per week from 1am to 7am).

• Registered Users Posts: 7 ollie247

Thanks d31b0y,
    I have posted here (I meant to do it there in the first place!)

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=104668933#post104668933

Advertisement