Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scott Hall-Whelans-May 17th / Cypress Avenue May 18th **CANCELLED**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭wardy2

Any word from ticketmaster yet for refunds ?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Texas Jack

I paid by card at the Ticketmaster kiosk so is that gonna take 3 days?

Got an email from ticketmaster the refunds can take up to 7 days

wardy2 wrote: »

quick enough to take our dough!

Dispute with UK promoter apparently

refused to pay for flights to Ireland - Irish guy who was going to book him got shafted by UK guy or something

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

wardy2 wrote: »

I got an email from Wav tickets saying the refund would be back within 1-2 working days

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Ageyev

Texas Jack wrote: »
    Dispute with UK promoter apparently

refused to pay for flights to Ireland - Irish guy who was going to book him got shafted by UK guy or something

13239910_1036508136442350_8541752708403630739_n.jpg?efg=eyJpIjoiYiJ9&oh=db04c62e8ee2359493631723cfa298b0&oe=57D44607&__gda__=1470627408_9ce8138310eae8169b49fc4772318605

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Mystery??

I don't know how true this is, but today I heard the real reason why Scott Hall Pulled out. . . back home, he has a pet snake, and the snake got loose in the house and his mother was in the house, and he didn't want to leave her alone in the house with the snake loose. Again unconfirmed but possible answer?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,846 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Ageyev wrote: »
    13239910_1036508136442350_8541752708403630739_n.jpg?efg=eyJpIjoiYiJ9&oh=db04c62e8ee2359493631723cfa298b0&oe=57D44607&__gda__=1470627408_9ce8138310eae8169b49fc4772318605

That's Paige's brother isn't it? Can see his point in that he's incurring the higher cost in bringing Hall over from the US and the Irish promoter is piggybacking on it but would have thought all that would have been agreed beforehand.

I've booked tomorrow off anyways so anywhere cheap on a Tuesday to go on the piss? Drinks promos?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,529 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

I've booked tomorrow off anyways so anywhere cheap on a Tuesday to go on the piss? Drinks promos?

Dicies might still do the drink promotions, someone might know if that's still going or a thing of the past. It's been a few years since I was there but head over at about 5pm for two euro jager bombs.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Hb6g6

Got my refund already, bought my tickets directly from a Ticketmaster in town

JeffKenna wrote: »
    Dicies might still do the drink promotions, someone might know if that's still going or a thing of the past. It's been a few years since I was there but head over at about 5pm for two euro jager bombs.

People still drink jager bombs!?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

latest?cb=20120108001944

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭noisenotmusic

I'm doubting there's that kind of dodgy behaviour coming from the Irish promoters, it's Aiken Promotions doing the shows so its not like they'd be trying to stiff someone the price of some flights.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,529 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

People still drink jager bombs!?

Maybe we should give Scott Hall one lol

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Hb6g6

Should have expected he would no show even if it was due to the UK promoter

As long as he's in good health I can look passed this

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Hb6g6 wrote: »
    Should have expected he would no show even if it was due to the UK promoter

It wasn't due to the UK promoter. Problem seems to be on the Irish side.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Chain Smoker

Pentecost wrote: »
    That's Paige's brother isn't it? Can see his point in that he's incurring the higher cost in bringing Hall over from the US and the Irish promoter is piggybacking on it but would have thought all that would have been agreed beforehand.
    That's fairly commonplace with gigs and such though, isn't it? One place will book someone and pay their tickets, then they'll look around and see if there's anywhere else they can perform before flying back home.

Unless what they're saying is that the Irish group booked him and then when they heard he was also coming to England refused to pay for his ticket in the hope the other promoter would.

• Advertisement

Can I ask why Aiken, 2nd to only MCD in promoting in this country, didn't step in, and cover the flight cost so he could at least honour his Whelans commitment ???

• Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭Raven Runner

Seems strange It's hard to know who to believe this is the wrestling business after all.

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭duuuaaaane

Can I ask why Aiken, 2nd to only MCD in promoting in this country, didn't step in, and cover the flight cost so he could at least honour his Whelans commitment ???

Aiken were promoters for the Dublin event, not organisers. I think they had very little to do with the discussions that lead to the cancellation.

Seems strange It's hard to know who to believe this is the wrestling business after all.

And it is Scott Hall let's not forget.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Jaysus, feel bad for any of you guys who bought tickets. Must've been fearing the worst after the Wolfpac f**ked over fans a few years ago in England. Hope ye get refunds asap.

Hall/Nash have the worst luck with promoters, don't they...

jaykhunter wrote: »
    Jaysus, feel bad for any of you guys who bought tickets. Must've been fearing the worst after the Wolfpac f**ked over fans a few years ago in England. Hope ye get refunds asap.

Hall/Nash have the worst luck with promoters, don't they...

Hmm, when bad luck follows people around so often I'm inclined to lay the blame elsewhere. No smoke, fire etc

Anyone yet get their refund back to their card/account?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Hmm, when bad luck follows people around so often I'm inclined to lay the blame elsewhere. No smoke, fire etc

Im pretty sure that's what Jay was saying.

Anyone yet get their refund back to their card/account?

No not yet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭Raven Runner

scotthalltweet_zps3mv9ena4.jpg

Looking at Halls tweet above doesn't seem too sympathetic '#hallmarks' '#hallgood'
    It wasn't so long ago the fans paid for his hip replacement calling your fans marks Is disrespectful

Advertisement