Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RAW 28-3-16 (Mania go home show) *SPOILERS

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

Maybe Bailey or Asuka is the mystery partner.

Don't think they ever debut people at WrestleMania although both of those are very well known so maybe.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭seandotcomm

FML......

is this real life....

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Christ on a bike.

Maybe they want to make sure Lana looks good by comparison?

They should have had that auld one from Talent relations join team Total Divas....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,128 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

"This is booty!" chants.

Cole: "This has been a wild crowd tonight!"

• Registered Users Posts: 21,377 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

This is one of the most painfully boring Raws I've ever sat through, it's so bad I was even too bored to post in this thread until now.

Makes me think if I really want to see Mania this year, not one bit excited.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

The show started off well, but it dropped dramatically.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,128 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

They're using the Royal Rumble hype spot on the go home show for Wrestlemania.

Less stupid than the title belt tug of war last year I guess.

Still, I really regret my decision to stay awake until 4am.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,377 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

That Raw was a complete and utter embarrassment. It's bad enough to see one like it in September, but the go-home show before Mania and this is the best they can do?!?

FCUK. RIGHT. OFF. This may very well be the last Mania I watch, tired of this shîte, lazy booking and bland characters.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭sixfingered

Angron wrote: »
    The show started off well, but it dropped dramatically.

Yep, spot on.

When we had the Taker/Shane, HHH/RR and Brock/Dean bits all with 45 mins or so to go, I let myself dream that we were getting a big finale.

Nope, just more HHH. I should've known.

Can't believe they're actually going the whole hog with RR this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭Officer999

What has happened to Bray Wyatt? And Braun Strowman for that matter?

Wyatt vs Brock and Strowman vs Undertaker were all rumoured matches for Wrestlemania at one point. I know Bray is supposed to be carrying a back injury but are the Wyatt family even in the Battle Royale?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Well lads,

Honestly, what did anyone expect?

No two people better encapsulate the utter tone deafness and stupidity of corporate level WWE people then Roman Reigns and Eva Marie. Roman Reigns may as well be Vince McMahon's avatar.

They actually thought both of those would get babyface reactions in Brooklyn.

I don't even know what to say about this product anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,171 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

I haven't got the energy to go through everything.

They can all fúck off with their arrogant, patronising, nonsensical rubbish of a product.

The blatant expectation they had that Reigns would be cheered, in Brooklyn, for no other discernible reason other than 'they want us to', was an arrogance beyond compare.

Or they're idiots. Not only idiots; deaf idiots.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Straight Edge Punk

I have a feeling that at the end of Mania we will all be here saying "they got us, they really got us". There's no way they can continue to be this stupid, there must be something big and unexpected coming this weekend.

If they manage to have us saying that, it'll be astonishing and far beyond what they managed last year.

Angron wrote: »
    If they manage to have us saying that, it'll be astonishing and far beyond what they managed last year.

It will take an x7 style ending to turn this around. I'm just hoping it's not a complete carbon copy.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

In fairness to Eva it is a total divas team so it makes sense to have her on it. Plus you have a non wrestler like lana whos barley trained from what i have read.

And its better to have Eva on that team in a meaningless tag match then call up a nxt diva.

Watching Reigns come to the ring in total "silence" on the YouTube clips is totally embarrassing.

Watching a giant brawl break out(real original!). Again, total silence.

Editing the reactions just makes him seem like even less of a star then he is.

Literally no one cares. And this is your top guy.

Yeah.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

sky88 wrote: »
    In fairness to Eva it is a total divas team so it makes sense to have her on it. Plus you have a non wrestler like lana whos barley trained from what i have read.

And its better to have Eva on that team in a meaningless tag match then call up a nxt diva.

yeah, imagine a great wrestler like Bayley getting caught up in that cluster****

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Chain Smoker

First time I watching Raw in christ knows how long here now, it's kind of sad how old looking Vince has gotten, I don't want to see him trying to be Mr McMahon anymore. He looks all slow and frail :(

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,431 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I feel as if this wasn't a "bad" show considering the way things were before the show. The issue wasn't what happened on this episode, as much as it is how they dealt with everything leading up to this show. The problems have all been created in the last 3 or 4 weeks. Based off those problems, this episode was probably the best they could hope for.

Reigns vs HHH is too deep into the story to do much about the issues on a go home show. They aren't going to change their Main Event again now, AGAIN. Best option is simply to bury the match in the midcard, let it play out as best they can, and then move quickly on next week.

Taker vs Shane was actually a decent opening imo; they needed to show Shane could do some damage to Taker, and they needed to show Taker could shrug it off. The table spot couldn't be done in a HIAC either, so it makes sense to show it here. Again, based off the build over the last few weeks, this was the best option they had.

Didn't like Ambrose pulling the trolley round like a kid, but they've done the brawl a few times now, so guess they had nothing left, really. A bit like Shane vs Taker, they could have done with showing Dean could actually do damage against Brock. They should have had Ambrose chasing Brock off with the chainsaw. It wouldn't hurt the monster aura to flee a ****ing chainsaw, but would have pushed Dean as the psychotic lunatic.

The Divas tag match...Eva Marie made the face save, but the reaction by the other girls shows she's still meant to be a heel. This is a story designed to further a show I don't watch, so I give it a pass. It will further whatever stories they are pushing on Total Divas.

So yeah. Can't say I hated it. The problems were created weeks ago, and this was just trying to shape **** into something semi-workable....

Yeah but the go home show for Mania is meant to sell the show and get you excited.

"I didn't hate it" isn't exactly the reaction they should want.

I know she isn't on the show but can you imagine the reaction Bayley would have got if her music had hit last night instead of Eva Maries? The roof would have come off the place. But instead we get someone who cannot wrestle :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

I'd say Bayley will drop her NXT title this week and debut on the main roster the night after Mania.

I'd say Bayley will drop her NXT title this week and debut on the main roster the night after Mania.

I keep thinking shell be added to the triple threat match as a surprise to have all the 4 horsewomen together.

I realize this is as likely as punk showing up at mania.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Please don't say such a thing, Bayley's fine where she is, no need to move her up yet.... Good God I can only imagine her NXT shtick would be magnified times 100 if she moved up to the main roster.

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Please don't say such a thing, Bayley's fine where she is, no need to move her up yet.... Good God I can only imagine her NXT shtick would be magnified times 100 if she moved up to the main roster.

i fear every time i see her that will see her as the female eugene

• Advertisement

sky88 wrote: »
    i fear every time i see her that will see her as the female eugene

Poor Nick Dinsmore :(

Advertisement