Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rosslare B&B/Hotel

Options
  • 24-03-2016 12:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,157 ✭✭✭

Can anyone recommend one please?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Kellys Hotel is nice (pricey, but nice)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Are you looking for a place to stay for a holiday or an overnight to catch the ferry?

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭crashplan

http://www.cliffordhouse.ie/ is a nice spot over looking the harbour.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,157 ✭✭✭Zelda247

Poochie05 wrote: »
    Are you looking for a place to stay for a holiday or an overnight to catch the ferry?

Just a one night stay to catch the ferry.

Then you should consider the Maldron on one of the roundabouts of the Wexford ring road, only about 20-25 mins from the port

http://www.maldronhotelwexford.com

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Or the farmers kitchen hotel ?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,184 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

Why not try the Coral GAbles Guest House and see if it has kept up to the Brennans' standards (At your service, Park Kenmare etc).

• Registered Users Posts: 13,073 ✭✭✭✭Geuze

I hope you don't mind if I ask a similar question.

Arriving off ferry at 6pm on a Thur in July, 2 adults, 2 young children, after a drive from London.

Looking for a family room in a hotel in either Rosslare or at the furthest Wexford.

The Maldron on the Wexford bypass is quoting me:

114 room only
    144 BB

Hotel Rosslare, overlooking the sea is quoting 105 BB.

I can't get a price from the Talbot website.

I welcome any advice.

Another option - Riverbank House hotel

room only = 120
    BB = 140

These hotels are a bit pricey......................????

I am paying 39stg / 50 euro for a Premier Inn in Harrow, 30 mins by train from central London.

I appreciate any advice.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭To Elland Back

Try Whitford Hotel. Don't know the price but, like the Maldron, it is right on the route from the ferry (15 minutes). Both have a pool & playground

• Registered Users Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭jd

Faythe Guest House in the town or Denby Lodge on the Rosslare Road are other options

Geuze wrote: »
    I hope you don't mind if I ask a similar question.

Arriving off ferry at 6pm on a Thur in July, 2 adults, 2 young children, after a drive from London.

Looking for a family room in a hotel in either Rosslare or at the furthest Wexford.

The Maldron on the Wexford bypass is quoting me:

114 room only
    144 BB

Hotel Rosslare, overlooking the sea is quoting 105 BB.

I can't get a price from the Talbot website.

I welcome any advice.

I don't normally stay in hotels around Wexford but would often have colleagues who do and those prices you quote seem expensive enough going by what they would normally pay, but maybe these are hotel prices for family rooms in an Irish seaside town during the school holidays?

Not being smart but have you tried a search Booking.com or one of these sites? At least it will give you an idea of the prices around for that night. The reviews on Booking.com are fairly reliable too, I usually go for anything from very good up and have not been disappointed so far.

But from a price point of view I'd imagine you may need to be looking at B&Bs...

Faythe Guest House as mentioned above is good I believe, also St. George's Guest House. Only thing to bear in mind is that these will be in town rather than on the ring road and as a Viking town it can be a bit of a maze, but the place isn't that big!

Poochie05 wrote:
    Faythe Guest House as mentioned above is good I believe, also St. George's Guest House. Only thing to bear in mind is that these will be in town rather than on the ring road and as a Viking town it can be a bit of a maze, but the place isn't that big!

Faythe Guest House is on the east side of town center, a straight drive out to Rosslare. If you have a few hours to spare in the evening, it's not very far from main street or the quays

Thanks everybody.

Ended up going for Talbot hotel, 120 BB for a family room.

It has a swimming pool, which is a nice extra.

I may follow this post up with a request for pubs to visit......................

Sky and the ground. Lamberts. Rissoles in the premier chipper :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,684 ✭✭✭Irish Gunner

Ok resurrecting an old thread

Looking for somewhere close to ferry to catch Sat 8am sailing end of June all the hotels way to expensive for one night for family room 2 adults and infant any recommendations for B&B or similar

• Registered Users Posts: 46 cesaro

Looking for somewhere close to ferry to catch Sat 8am sailing end of June all the hotels way to expensive for one night for family room 2 adults and infant any recommendations for B&B or similar

Coral Gables in Tagoat is good

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭Geog1234

Station House B & B, Rosslare Strand. Coming into Rosslare Strand the entrance is the lane on the left just before the bridge over the railway beside the railway station.

It's just a five minute walk or minute's drive to the beach/centre of village.

About fifteen minutes of a drive to the ferry terminal.

Contact details on this page:
    http://www.rosslareholidayresort.ie/accommodation

• Registered Users Posts: 1,725 ✭✭✭bigron2109

Hotel Rosslare is in Rosslare harbour and 5 minutes from the Port. You also have the FerryPort which is on the main road and probably about 3 minutes from the Port. They are the closest to the Port.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭ezra_

Archways B&B is excellent.

About 15 minutes from the ferry

Advertisement