Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

VHS to DVD

• 22-03-2016 9:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭

Hi All, I can't seem to find any recent threads, but maybe I am in the wrong section.

Mods - can you move as appropriate please?

So I have 7 old tapes. All of real sentimental value. I will be disowned and will break hearts if anything happens these tapes. No exaggeration.

I am looking for somewhere, anywhere, near the Dublin region that will convert these to DVD with the love and care that they need.

I have some additional criteria that would be a bonus if it could be met:

1 of them I am not sure if it's the right one. If the place could let me view the first five min I would know.

No damage to the tapes in the process and need the original tapes returned.

I have 2 sets of 2 tapes that I want to put on to 1 DVD (so I would get 7 converted but to 5 DVD's) - can this be done?

I've done the usual Google search and reached out to various companies but I would be keen to get anybody's personal experience. Please send PM if necessary so not to break any forum rules.

TIA

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,406 ✭✭✭chewed

hi VandC, did you ever find anywhere to convert your tapes?

I'm looking to get some converted myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭Snickers Man

You know you can get devices that can do this for you yourself? Got one myself a couple of years ago. Plugs from the back of a VCR via SCART into a USB port on a PC. From there you can burn to DVD.

Maplins probably still does them.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,951 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

What about something like this
    https://www.gumtree.com/p/other-tv-dvd-cameras/vcr-and-dvd-combo-put-your-tapes-on-disc-or-disc-on-tapes./1168234569

If you really wanted it, I'll buy it and could post it down to you?

• Registered Users Posts: 13 dellinspiron

I got a gadget that allows me to record the video to my laptop - however I need a Sound Video (Svideo) cable - anyone know where I can get one?

Also happy to PM the link for to anyone who wants it - unless you want me to review the gadget first?

Advertisement