Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

GTA5 Virgin

Options
  • 14-03-2016 12:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭

Hey all,

I'm a little late to the party, only playing GTA5 now on PS4 and whereas it took a while to get my head around it, I reached that magic moment where it all came together and I absolutely love it now.

I'm approaching the end of the signle player mission now (I feel)

I saw somewhere that GTA5 online has more heist missions.

How does GTA5 Online work? Can I play single player heists there?

Are all the stories ended in single player or do they continue?

Thanks in advance -

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭TacoMan

sticker wrote: »
    Hey all,

I'm a little late to the party, only playing GTA5 now on PS4 and whereas it took a while to get my head around it, I reached that magic moment where it all came together and I absolutely love it now.

I'm approaching the end of the signle player mission now (I feel)

I saw somewhere that GTA5 online has more heist missions.

How does GTA5 Online work? Can I play single player heists there?

Are all the stories ended in single player or do they continue?

Thanks in advance -

GTA Online takes place before single player so no, you cannot play the SP heists online. (The first time you meet Lester as Michael in SP, he says before Michael showed up he was working with a "quiet person" but that they are "too much of a loose cannon".
    He's talking about your online character
    .) There are 5 or 6 (I forget) online heists which are mostly enjoyable. They add around 12 extra hours of gameplay. You're best playing them with crew/friends as 99% of heist with randomers ends in pain.

Apart from that, just make cash whichever way you fancy - missions/jobs, freemode events, glitching. My golden rule is NEVER BUY A SHARK CARD. A glitch will surface that will have the cash rolling in, and after buying the game twice (PS3 & PS4), R* can get fudged if they think I'm buying extra on top of that (if a paid SP DLC comes out I'll buy that, but no in-game purchasing of cash).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭sticker

TacoMan wrote: »
    GTA Online takes place before single player so no, you cannot play the SP heists online. (The first time you meet Lester as Michael in SP, he says before Michael showed up he was working with a "quiet person" but that they are "too much of a loose cannon".
    He's talking about your online character
    .) There are 5 or 6 (I forget) online heists which are mostly enjoyable. They add around 12 extra hours of gameplay. You're best playing them with crew/friends as 99% of heist with randomers ends in pain.

Apart from that, just make cash whichever way you fancy - missions/jobs, freemode events, glitching. My golden rule is NEVER BUY A SHARK CARD. A glitch will surface that will have the cash rolling in, and after buying the game twice (PS3 & PS4), R* can get fudged if they think I'm buying extra on top of that (if a paid SP DLC comes out I'll buy that, but no in-game purchasing of cash).

Hi,

I've no mates playing it online so thats a shame that I cannot play the heists solo.

Thanks all the same.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

Hi,

I've no mates playing it online so thats a shame that I cannot play the heists solo.

Thanks all the same.

Add a few boardsies from the player index thread http://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057329740/1 and join the boards crew http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/crew/boards-ie

Kenjataimu wrote: »
    Add a few boardsies from the player index thread http://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057329740/1 and join the boards crew http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/crew/boards-ie

Cheers!

It sounds OK, Do you guys play it much? What would be the better items to play for the first time in terms of non team based Online play?

Was there a DLC for the single player missions released?!

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭Blackgator

sticker wrote:
    It sounds OK, Do you guys play it much? What would be the better items to play for the first time in terms of non team based Online play?

There are a few of us on most nights. Mainly hanging about in freeroam and doing race playlists.
    Add me on psn (Blackgator) and I'll send you invites to the shenanigans.

Best jobs to play at start are probably missions. You get decent money and RP to rank up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Frankie5Angels

Cheers!

Was there a DLC for the single player missions released?!

Do what Kenjatim Kinjatammy Kajagoogoo Proco said and join the crew, but I'd definitely recommend adding some lads as friends as i think that's the best and easiest way to find the regulars online. Add Blackgator for a start and go into the parties with him and add any other lads in there.

My tag is below, feel free to add me but I'm playing the Division mostly at the minute, though I do jump into the parties now and again for epic lolz, bantz and SHADZ.

Also, the parties are mostly sh1te talk, so be forewarned! There is the odd bit of movie discussion, economic debate and some relationship advice, but mostly sh1te talk :P

Do what Kenjatim Kinjatammy Kajagoogoo Proco said and join the crew, but I'd definitely recommend adding some lads as friends as i think that's the best and easiest way to find the regulars online. Add Blackgator for a start and go into the parties with him and add any other lads in there.

My tag is below, feel free to add me but I'm playing the Division mostly at the minute, though I do jump into the parties now and again for epic lolz, bantz and SHADZ.

Also, the parties are mostly sh1te talk, so be forewarned! There is the odd bit of movie discussion, economic debate and some relationship advice, but mostly sh1te talk :P

Cheers!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8 JoeyReagan

Expect to be greeted by hydras and armored kurumas when you arrive in Los Santos for the first time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Frankie5Angels

Poor ould Joey, he was only being helpful :pac:

Advertisement