Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Favourite hot sauce?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭Tipperary animal lover

Brought this home from vietnam, even when you open the top to use sweat comes on the brow, a tiny bit goes a long long way, but you'll always come back for more

• Registered Users Posts: 13,304 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

No matter what hot sauce I try, I keep going back to Frank's Red Hot Original Sauce. I think tit's the distilled vinegar is what I like so much.

(My favourite BBQ sauce is Mic's Chilli BBQ Sauce because it is spicy and not too sweet).

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 111 ✭✭Deadmou5e

Tobasco

• Closed Accounts Posts: 456 ✭✭Tired Gardener

Anything with Carolina Reaper in it is going to be a treat, it has a respectable Scoville scale: of 1,569,300 on average.

My go to sauce is currently hot peri peri. It isn't hot by any stretch of the imagination, but the addition of lime in it gives it a very nice taste.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭Smiles35

Deadmou5e wrote: »
    Tobasco

Can't buy that anymore. I kept going back to the fridge just for sausages to mop it up with. Not healthy just eating sausages and vinegar.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 111 ✭✭Deadmou5e

Smiles35 wrote: »
    Can't buy that anymore. I kept going back to the fridge just for sausages to mop it up with. Not healthy just eating sausages and vinegar.

Never tried it with sausages would you believe :D thanks for the tip.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,022 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

While not specifically a sauce, I picked up some Franks Seasoning at the weekend. Interested to try it out. Open to suggestions

s-l640.png

• Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

Mellor wrote: »
    While not specifically a sauce, I picked up some Franks Seasoning at the weekend. Interested to try it out. Open to suggestions

s-l640.png

Where'd you pick it up?

griffdaddy wrote: »
    Where'd you pick it up?

Local supermarket started selling it.
    I’m not in Ireland unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭xvril

Love Mic's Chilli, his BBQ sauce is to die for. Probably my favourite ever BBQ sauce.

My favourite hot sauce of his is Trouble in Trinidad, hot but a lovely flavour.

Jaysus i'm getting hungry even thinking about it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭LLewellen Farquarson

xvril wrote: »
    Love Mic's Chilli, his BBQ sauce is to die for. Probably my favourite ever BBQ sauce.

Just fried tofu with a dash of trouble in Trinidad, and a few sesame seeds. As you said, a little goes a long way. Num num.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,576 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Wait, what? I have all the inferno sauces up to 7 chilli (it's mental), but didn't know there was a BBQ sauce!

This is excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 sheep26

Vietnamese sirarcha sauce

sheep26 wrote: »
    Where is that like?
    I thought sirarcha was Thai.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,757 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Where is that like?
    I thought sirarcha was Thai.

The original Sriracha is from The USA.
    (although this is disputed)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,140 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

The Sauce Shop. You get them in Dunnes sometimes. Really nice hot sauce and good BBQ sauce as well.

The original Sriracha is from The USA.
    Really? Never hard that before.

I know the big exported one is commercial US brand. But my understanding was that was relatively new branding of the traditional thai one. Sriracha it's itself comes from a town in Thailand where a few various families/companies claim to have invented it.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

I know the big exported one is commercial US brand.
    This is the popular US one, it has notes on the history

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sriracha_sauce_(Huy_Fong_Foods)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,140 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

rubadub wrote: »

I've seen that in Supervalu. Don't like that particular chilli sauce. The first time I encountered it was in this drink, the combination of chili and tequila was too much.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,757 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

sheep26 wrote: »

A Thai sauce, made by a Vietnamese man of Chinese extraction in USA.
    Nothing confusing about that!!:D:D

• Advertisement

rubadub wrote: »

That's the commercial US one I refereed to, couldn't remember the name but knew the bottle. It's the popular one, it's not the original, 1980 accord to that link. I assume that what TBR refereed to.

Sriracha originally comes from the Si Racha in thailand, hence the name.
    Some who first disputes, but looks like 1932 according to wiki. Although that's the name. A recipe for a sauce of chilli, vinegar, salt and sugar.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sriracha

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

MadYaker wrote: »
    I've seen that in Supervalu. Don't like that particular chilli sauce.
    It doesn't show online, but 2 other brands look very similar. They copy the clear bottle and green cap.

https://shop.supervalu.ie/shopping/search/allaisles?q=SriRacha

I get the flying goose one shown in that link, I get it in Aldi. Tesco do it too but I think its cheapest in aldi.

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭kg703

A friend of ours brought us back this from a holiday once:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Baron-West-Indian-Sauce-397g/dp/B0002DD8S6

It is unreal. Hot and has a lovely flavour of chilli. Add to anything to make extra delicious and spicy :) We've always got a bottle on the go now.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,304 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Mic's Chilli BBQ Sauce is my favourite BBQ sauce also. I find a lot of BBQ sauces a bit too sweet, so this is ideal for me.
    Ol' Donie wrote: »
    Wait, what? I have all the inferno sauces up to 7 chilli (it's mental), but didn't know there was a BBQ sauce!

This is excellent.

In my local supermarket they had started stocking the BBQ sauce before any of the other versions

• Registered Users Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭Smiles35

That's the commercial US one I refereed to, couldn't remember the name but knew the bottle. It's the popular one, it's not the original, 1980 accord to that link. I assume that what TBR refereed to.

I think your man Tran is missing a trick not opening a plant in Spain or Portugal. First thing people find when they do a search on that sauce is his success story.

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭LLewellen Farquarson

Thai taste sriracha hot chilli sauce in Lidl.
    Nice and inoffensive.
    Grand for dips or in a sandwich.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,445 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Just made a Bloody Mary with some a lot probably too much Mics Inferno sauce and two shots of vodka.

tenor.gif?itemid=12912871

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

The missus gets nandos hot sauce and peri peri from iceland its deadly:)
    Sorry if already mentioned i didnt read whole thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,576 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Mic's Chilli BBQ Sauce is my favourite BBQ sauce also. I find a lot of BBQ sauces a bit too sweet, so this is ideal for me.

In my local supermarket they had started stocking the BBQ sauce before any of the other versions

I gots one tray of wings with Mic's Chilli BBQ sauce and one tray of Reggae Reggae wings in the oven right now.

This is a great day.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 917 ✭✭✭MickeyLeari

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    I gots one tray of wings with Mic's Chilli BBQ sauce and one tray of Reggae Reggae wings in the oven right now.

This is a great day.

Where can I buy Mic’s chilli BBQ? I bought direct online after finding the hot sauce in a restaurant in Budapest and stunned it was an Irish product.

Advertisement