Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Post a picture of your vehicle here Part 5 (don't quote pictures, 24h ban!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,439 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Truckermal wrote: »
    How you finding it I have a 162 TDI and find it has loads of torque for 150 BHP plus it handles very well, They made a nice job of the interior this time..

Eh., did you not get an a4 last year too?

• Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭alfa beta

Big Nasty wrote: »
    Nice! :)

Skimmed or full fat?

Camaro 2lt (a 3.5litre V6) - so not the big 5+litre V8 job, but still plenty of poke and sounds great when you put the foot down.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Close, but no cigar.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

OSI wrote: »
    To be honest I found the V8 very underwhelming for the horrendous fuel economy it returned.

Depends on where you live. I wonder how many ecoboost Mustangs are sold in the U.S. In comparison to the 8-pot.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭166man

Big Nasty wrote: »
    Depends on where you live. I wonder how many ecoboost Mustangs are sold in the U.S. In comparison to the 8-pot.

Most of 'em appear to be poverty spec rentals. I had a go in the mustang and really underwhelmed by the 2.3T. On paper it seems great but the reality was it was uneconomical, unrefined and generally slow.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Special Circumstances

166man wrote: »
    Most of 'em appear to be poverty spec rentals. I had a go in the mustang and really underwhelmed by the 2.3T. On paper it seems great but the reality was it was uneconomical, unrefined and generally slow.

For full on unpleasantness you need a go-pro, and "california here we come" playing on the radio while you queue to drive down Lombard Street in San Francisco

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Baraics Pollox

Time for something a bit more geriatric.

Paid very little for this runaround and have to say, despite being 19 years old it's in great shape. Learned to drive in one so always had a soft spot for their dependability and although they do nothing in a hurry they're comfortable to slouch around in.

Just gave it a clean up today and removed the rear "Opel" and "Astra" badges (we all know what it is). Also mocked up a set of Cavalier SRi fanblades to see what it'd look like. I think they'd be a big improvement and seeing as I have 2 sets (the other is for the Cav) I may as well. Will probably throw a set of lowering springs in for craic and have it sitting nice in it's old man glory.

IMG_20160824_153436_zpsumogcdt5.jpg
    IMG_20160824_153451_zps1pkauo7l.jpg
    IMG_20160824_140031_zpspz1douir.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 12,074 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

Nice one! New daily is it?

Nice one! New daily is it?

It is indeed! You shall probably see it floating about the area in no time :P

Have to do a wheel speed sensor on the beemer and sell that on. It is a lovely car but just never quite gelled with it. I'm much happier in an old Slowpel.

So if anyone is on the lookout for a 318is E36 feel free to message me as it'll be another while before it ends up on dungdeal :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,074 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

Cool, yeah I'll have to get a look at it when I see it :P

Fanblades would look class too imo!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,651 ✭✭✭Captain Slow IRL

How do you have that insured Baraics? Is it on a regular policy?

How do you have that insured Baraics? Is it on a regular policy?

Ah yeah just regular policy with liberty. I'm with them a few years so there was no issue insuring as it was just a transfer from one car to another

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭Timooo_23

I did the Wild Atlantic Way last month. Unreal drive. Equally impressive views.

IMG_20160802_105626.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 19,298 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

I miss my type R :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭rizzodun

We could have a civic meet up to rival the BMW meets these days...

There's certainly a good few of them popping up lately.

I would say it's a Jap revival, but someone will moan that they come from Swindon...

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

rizzodun wrote: »
    We could have a civic meet up to rival the BMW meets these days...

Easy there now.....wasn't too long ago you were a BMW driver yourself ;)

Speaking of civics, here's what they look like without a glovebox.
    image.jpg

That's why the glovebox goes back so far. Heater matrix and other gubbins that would normally be on the firewall are in the middle under the radio!

Must make RHD/lhd a lot simpler.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

Why'd you take it out?

• Advertisement

Funny story.
    My darling wife put some milk in a 500ml soft drinks bottle last year. It was very very hot weather. She left it in the glovebox to chill it then promptly forgot about it.
    Next day we came back to the car, the bottle had exploded in the glovebox. Blew the cap clean off (it was screwed on tight, Pepsi max bottle) with so much force that milk actually sprayed through the tiny gap between the glovebox door and the dashboard and hit the back seat.
    So the glovebox (which has a furry interior) was manky. I cleaned it last year at the time and used shake n vac as well to kill any odour, but I never really got the shake n vac out if it properly. It was leaving dust in the glovebox, so took it out tonight,
    It's an actual box.

image.jpg
    Left it soaking in a mixture of warm water, apc, and fabric softener for an hour. Gave it a brush and a rinse and it's like new again.

Also relocated the parrot kit.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,663 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

Opel Astra
    I have a soft spot for these also. I learned to drive in '96 in my mothers '91 Kadett Expression, but she then bought a '96 Astra Olympic in the summer '97. I remember driving to pick up my leaving cert results in the Astra, while worrying about the results, I had also polished the hell out of the car as I wanted to impress. Fully licensed at 18, with bargain insurance prices. Ah, nostalgia.

Easy there now.....wasn't too long ago you were a BMW driver yourself ;)

Seeing as my car history involves 3 almeras and another civic before my current one I'd say you have me mixed up with someone else! :pac:

rizzodun wrote: »
    Seeing as my car history involves 3 almeras and another civic before my current one I'd say you have me mixed up with someone else! :pac:

Did you not have a white E60 5 series with black roof??? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,701 ✭✭✭Cheensbo

Nah that's rizzeeeeeeeeeee ain't it??

Fvckin' Riz cvnts :D:D:D

My apologies Mr. Dun ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭Noccy_Mondy

Old age is an awful thing.... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭yllw.ldbttr

Last good wash and wax of the "summer" I'd say.

395393.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

Looks like it's a fond farewell to the GTC!

IMG_20160826_222520.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 920 ✭✭✭Ron Burgundy II

Looks like it's a fond farewell to the GTC!

Great call. What variant are you looking at?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement