Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

What's In Your Hand Today?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 588 ✭✭✭jno547

YalCx9.jpg

Tank is an Avocado RDTA,Genesis type build where the deck is on top of the tank and the wick hangs down.
    I've tried a couple of different builds in this and my favourite is 0.4 dual Kanthal and on the RX at 50W.
    Was a bit wary about leaks on this as the older types were notorious for emptying their contents in your pocket but so far so good and no spit back either.
    Still trying out where the best place to leave the wick ends is,not much difference in vape quality so far and I've had them resting on the base and about half way up the tank.
    Almost forgot,the flavour off this is sensational,on par with any dripper I've used or even better.
    Couple of cons,it's pricey,€45. Filling with a dual coil build needs a needle top bottle or syringe as the wick holes are also the fill holes.
    Overall well worth it and any flavour chasers out there should check this out.

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭8mm

383810.jpg

Fire Bird on a SMPL mech mod.

Really enjoying this setup and getting a lovely vape of it.

Good quality clone though I did have to change out the o-rings that held the glass due to them being very slightly too small.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,921 ✭✭✭Doge

So the cool fire IV came this morning with the I sub G tank, and also the 5 x 2 Ohm spare coils.

Was out in Wilton and decided to buy some Eco Clouds Custard Cake flavour while I'm waiting on my package from ichorliquids in the Isle Of Man.

To my surprise when I got home the package from ichorliquids was there way waiting for me!

2tPWOAM.jpg

The ichorliquids have your first name and a unique serial number on each label which is a professional touch, the labels themselves are sticky though. They also have No nicotine written on them, if you ordered nicotine free ones that is.

I asked them to throw in a free empty bottle and they did as you can see in the pic!

On my first inhale i thought I must have down something wrong a I couldnt feel it going down, and to my surprise there was a nice cloud of vapour that came out on the exhale!

I thought, wow this is so much better than smoking! I started on 20 watts and I think I'll keep it on that for outdoor use, its the lowest recommended wattage for the 0.5 ohm coils.

I have to say though that the flavour of the Eco Clouds Custrard Cake was quite subtle, even at 25 watts with the airflow hole all the way open.

I also found that priming the I Sub G coil with high VG was a bit of a pain, i poked holes in the cotton, and used the suction method to avoid dry hits.

I must have overdone the suction method as it was gargling afterwards.

Some e liquid leaked under neath the coil on me also.

How do you guys switch between eliquids btw?
    I find that you cant completely use up the old one without getting dry hits when theres little liquid left.

It seems you just have to throw the new liquid in on top of the old one.

I cant wait for the Velocity clone to come, it should be much less hassle to use high VG with.

I use a dripper if I want to hop around a lot of flavours and use tanks if I want to stick around on a flavour for a while. I have many tanks+mods though so it's easy to pop around whatever I fancy.

The intensity of a flavour can vary a lot day to day, hour to hour. Sometimes my buds get burned out and it can take a little while for them to recover.

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭j26m

Doge wrote: »

.....How do you guys switch between eliquids btw?
    I find that you cant completely use up the old one without getting dry hits when theres little liquid left.

It seems you just have to throw the new liquid in on top of the old one...

At this stage I have 3 tanks on the go with different flavours in each, so if I fancy a change in flavour I just switch tank. The result is I'm not changing flavours in the tank half as often as I was at the start.

When I am changing flavours, I vape what's in it down to as close as I dare, then ditch the last bit. I clean out the tank as much as I can with tissue if it can be done, otherwise by shaking it out.
    I dry off the coil as much as possible with some tissue, and load up the new juice.

You have to accept the first couple of drags will be a bit funky, but afterwards it's fine.

• Advertisement

Thanks for all the help guys!

The smiling Velocity clone came today with 2 x 0.8 ohm coils, spare o rings, 2 different sized mouthpieces and 4 spare grub screws and an alen key:

wuJpdfL.jpg

It was fun putting the thing together from scratch, I set it up with a single coil by bending the legs of the coil to orientate it in the middle of the deck.

It is so much less hassle than the iSub G Tank with Max VG, no more worrying about dry hits or having to prime the coil. Since i'll only be using my mod recreationally like a shisha pipe I don't really need a tank full of e liquid and can just top it up when I need to. I find 17.5 Watts a nice balance for outdoor use.

It is the looser the version but I dont find that a problem as I won't be opening the airflow enough so that the "mouth" is showing.

I find the smaller holes are more than adequete for airflow.

I should proobably have just ordered the cool fire iv mod on its own and bought the Velocity RDA, but who knows, maybe the i Sub G Tank will come in handy in the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

On the velocity I normally have the robot's mouth about half open, pretty wide, plus his 2 eyes :D But I tend to vape it around 55w, with 0.3 ohm dual coil, or in around 40- 45w for a 0.4

• Registered Users Posts: 13,727 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

20160428_135818.jpg

ePA9pR.jpg

• Advertisement

How are finding the Theorem tank and notch coils?

Seems similar to the Avocado, which do you like more?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

Is that coil submerged in liquid?

The juice only comes up halfway afaik. It's wicked up rest of the way, it's only 2ml capacity, looks more because of the design

8mm wrote: »
    How are finding the Theorem tank and notch coils?

Seems similar to the Avocado, which do you like more?

Both are fantastic and very difficult to choose between either,Theorem is probably more 'travel friendly' due to the afc being just under the drip tip,less likelihood of a leak.I'd probably be more confident having the Theorem in a white shirt pocket filled with Red Astaire than I would the Avocado :D Flavour from both is fantastic,I've only used the notch coil so far,0.21,70W so it's well able for power and spews clouds.
    EGriff wrote: »
    Is that coil submerged in liquid?

The juice comes to the base of the deck,photo quality may distort that view. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭Soundman

Limited Edition 1 of 1 #VAPEFAM Rig Mod V2 with the Kennedy 22 RDA with Gremlin cap.

2016-04-28%2015.12.12.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭IRISH OS1R1S

Tesla Nano 100W and Uwell crown tank.

image_zpsi52rs3rz.jpeg

Photo not found unfortunately, Irish Osiris.

Soundman wrote: »
    Photo not found unfortunately, Irish Osiris.

Hopefully the link is fixed now. :)

It is indeed. Had the same issue with my post before yours. Always had issues getting images onto this site for some reason.

Soundman wrote:
    Limited Edition 1 of 1 #VAPEFAM Rig Mod V2 with the Kennedy 22 RDA with Gremlin cap.

Still hard to beat a good mech and dripper, lovely setup going there.

• Advertisement

jno547 wrote: »
    Still hard to beat a good mech and dripper, lovely setup going there.

Cheers. Yeah, I haven't touched Regulated mods or tanks since November when I got my first Rig. Just love it.

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭judas1369

Just got an order in the post. I got the Boreas RTA, Smok TF-RTA with G2 and G4 decks and a Micro RCA for the Smok Micro Plus. I'm going to start playing with the Boreas first.
    Out of the box my first impression screams quality, a really well built tank. When I stick a build in it I'll let you know how it performs. Lots of new shiny things to play with!

IFUYiv.jpg

Asmodus Minikin,Cleito and Game of Clouds Castle Black.

Just got a Cubis today, traded it for the Tron tank that I never use. So far, it's a'ight. Using the 0.5 ss coil, I couldn't deal with a 1ohm coil now. Too used to my nice airy lung hits. Flavour is decent, the Cleito beats it though, won't say by a mile. because the flavour actually isn't bad at all. Vaping some of my own creation in there atm. Which you can see is an 80/20 mix, and it's having no issues wicking.

HbcQodG.jpg

Just got a Cubis today, traded it for the Tron tank that I never use. So far, it's a'ight. Using the 0.5 ss coil, I couldn't deal with a 1ohm coil now. Too used to my nice airy lung hits. Flavour is decent, the Cleito beats it though, won't say by a mile. because the flavour actually isn't bad at all. Vaping some of my own creation in there atm. Which you can see is an 80/20 mix, and it's having no issues wicking.

HbcQodG.jpg

Really like the look and small size of the pico. Are pico's ok to charge with? I heard you should always use an external charger, but that kinda puts me off. I like to be able to charge a battery with the mod itself.

That's a 100ml bottle btw, it's still small but not that teensy :D You 'can' charge it using the usb cable, but it's not recommended. If you're having to use an 18650 battery anyway, you must have an external charger? Charges much quicker externally

That's a 100ml bottle btw, it's still small but not that teensy :D You 'can' charge it using the usb cable, but it's not recommended. If you're having to use an 18650 battery anyway, you must have an external charger? Charges much quicker externally

Yeah I don't have any externals. I tend to avoid them as it is just one more thing to plug in. I just like to plug in a mod and that's it. Nice setup you have though. :)

I only really have 2 mods on the go at any onetime. I like to keep it simple enough too. Right now I have the Pico, and the Evic mini, both single 18650 batt mods. I have 2 chargers, which are almost always on the go, my missus has the same 2 mods as me and grab full batts whenever, seems to work out ok :D

W6Jdg3.jpg

A powerhouse of a tank,in it is the last of Orchard Escape,a juice I got from thecageyone and it is gorgeous.

• Advertisement

Glad you liked it :) reminds me, I need to make up some more.

What tank is that? though ... I'm not buying any tanks now for a while, have the Cleito RBA bought though :)

Advertisement