Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish citizenship application question?? HeLP!

Options
  • 04-02-2016 3:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23

Just want to clarify something about my citizenship application. On the Social assistance/welfare part where it says "Have u receive any social assistance in the past three years?" I answered NO to that. Eventhough im a dependent of my husband on his back to education allowance and my salary has been means tested(working part time). I am just a little confused on that part, because the social welfare is not under my name. Everything is on my husbands. I was thinking it was an individual question. Its just my friend who said that i should have answered YES. My application is based on being married to an irish national.
    Anyone got views on this? What should I do? I cant afford to have my application being delayed because of my stupid mistake. Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26 zyraaisha

Just want to clarify something about my citizenship application. On the Social assistance/welfare part where it says "Have u receive any social assistance in the past three years?" I answered NO to that. Eventhough im a dependent of my husband on his back to education allowance and my salary has been means tested(working part time). I am just a little confused on that part, because the social welfare is not under my name. Everything is on my husbands. I was thinking it was an individual question. Its just my friend who said that i should have answered YES. My application is based on being married to an irish national.
    Anyone got views on this? What should I do? I cant afford to have my application being delayed because of my stupid mistake. Thanks in advance!

Hi there. I know it’s been 4 years ago. But I’m in the same position right now. I’m just wondering how you got on with your citizenship application? I’m only getting children’s benefit. My husband (Irish) is on receipt of WFP and I’m wondering if I should tick yes in receiving SW payment.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 pepper_chloe

zyraaisha wrote: »
    Hi there. I know it’s been 4 years ago. But I’m in the same position right now. I’m just wondering how you got on with your citizenship application? I’m only getting children’s benefit. My husband (Irish) is on receipt of WFP and I’m wondering if I should tick yes in receiving SW payment.

Hello! I got my citizenship a long time ago. If you are not the main receiver of that benefit then the answer is NO. I just dont know with the child benefit as i dont have a child yet at that time. Goodluck

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭zepman

zyraaisha wrote: »

It's a No with respect to child benefit as well since it doesn't count as a social assistance payment. A list of social assistance payments can be found here - https://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/social_welfare/irish_social_welfare_system/social_assistance_payments/social_assistance_in_ireland.html#l1f4da.

Advertisement